“Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely breakfast here! If you have a large appetite this is a great place to go! For the amount of food produced the quality is good.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very disappointed with customer service, took my son here for breakfast but told I couldn't stay unless I ordered food. Told their policy was that I couldn't just have a drink as It was likely that I would just help myself to the food. Not good customer service to call a customer a thief at the point of sale.

5  Thank Darkeco
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Overall I don't have a particular issue with the quality of the food or the surroundings although it can get very hectic at times. The food is what you expect from an all you can eat buffet style experience but still seems failrly reasonable quality and if you have a good appitite then it'll serve you well. My only qualm is that when I visited at the end of January I used my card to pay and the first time round I was told the till had frozen and the transaction hadn't gone through so we tried again. It was only when I subsequently viewed my bank statement that it showed that the exact same amount of money had been deducted twice by Brodys on the same day. I took my bank statement in to the Exeter branch and spoke to the Manager, rather than offer an immediate refund he said he needed to speak to Barclays Bank to confirm what had happened !! even though it was fairly obvious as my girlfriend and I certantly didnt have lunch as well as breakfast there that day !! I left my details and have been waiting for a call for the last three weeks, as I cannot find a phone number online and havent been in that area of town since I havent been able to chase it up so maybe this will prompt a response or at least make people aware that they clearly need to check their bank statements if the same things happens to them when they go to pay.

2  Thank 79Tom
Tristan T, Owner at Brody's Breakfast Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Hi Tom, I'm really sorry nobody has contacted you about this. Unfortunately your telephone number was accidentally deleted and I haven't had any other way to get back to you. If you could please send me a private message with your telephone number i will ensure that it is sorted out straight away. Sincerely, Tristan.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went here as family of four. The food reminded me of a motorway service station of 10 years ago. Greasy piles of sausages, eggs, bacon, etc and completely overpriced. It might be eat as much as you want, but believe me you won't wan't to go back for more as it's so bad. If you have the "Full English" and a drink it will come to around £10 each.

The taste of the sausages and bacon is poor with very high salt content..the baked beans were congealed on our visit. The coffee was nothing special either.

Service poor and lack of clean plates available...the one thing they are efficient about is taking your money.

There are many better places to go in Exeter, and for this sort of money you only have to look across the road to Boston Tea Party who do a really good breakfast with high quality ingredients.

3  Thank stephentopps
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I found this to be the worst breakfast I have eaten in years. Me and a group of friends decided to go for breakfast at Brodys, the bacon was undercooked, the sausages were raw and the eggs were just burned. After spending an astronomical amount of money on a tiny breakfast we sat down to eat on horribly uncomfortable stools. Our friend then arrived and was refused entry by the staff because she wasn't going to buy anything, what sort of business model is this ? refusing people on the door just because they won't buy anything, just plain rude. The staff were unhelpful, it seemed like a burden that we had a question about how the ordering system worked.

5  Thank mrjoekidd