“Food good but too pricey.”

Brody's Breakfast Bistro
Ranked #108 of 530 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Exeter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good but too pricey.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Can't really fault the selection and taste of the food but unless you can eat several plate fulls it is not worth the amount you pay. Also the drinks are very expensive! Had a nice first visit but probably won't visit again as I don't think you can eat enough for what you pay!

1 Thank Lauren8989

Devon, England
“Tried it....won't return”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Like others say.... Concept a good idea but a few things let it down.
Good choice of hot food, excellent bread selection but when I asked for an alternative to butter, I was told they don't have an alternative!!! In this day and age with health issues and healthy eating I would expect either small tubs of some form of spread or worse case they keep a tub in their fridge and spoon some out into a dish?!? The girl I asked said it has been asked a number of times before!! So I just kept to dried bread and luckily the bread was fresh so it was edible!
Like others have said, the seats/stools are so uncomfortable, they don't move so you're stuck ridgedly in one position.
I like the fact you have the toasters on each table and great choice of toppings.
The drink station is a bit of a mess and totally in the wrong place, I only hope there isn't a scolding accident anytime soon!
I asked if I could have some of the fruit compote and a banana at the pancake station but as I paid for the hot breakfast I couldn't have anything off the pancake section even though they are the same price!!
Be nice to have a bit of a fresh fruit section as not all visitors want the full English.
Still it suits the students I guess!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank loulou090669
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Amazing idea and quality!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

came across this ittle gem whilst waiting for work!
all i can say is i hope they bring one to Bristol.
The idea of paying, for an all you can eat breakfast is not new, however the layout with toaters and variety of bread and crumpets is, the mix of suaces jams, ulimited hot drinks, excellent quality pancakes and hot food (not at all greasy, very tasty indeed), is a newer concept.
everything was relaxed and very enjoyable.
The staff were very relaxed, chilled out ambience, explained everything, no rush for anything, just made me and my colleague not want to leave - we had to stop ourselves gorging!
if you visit exeter then go here! i woud almost go as far to say i would take a day trip purposefully via here for breakfast! great value, the customer service was a+ (for the manager it was the 2 staff on the morning of 13th may 2014 - very chatty friendly relaxed yet smartly presented).
flawless in every detail - enjoyed the whole experience and have told everyone who will listen!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rich s
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely breakfast here! If you have a large appetite this is a great place to go! For the amount of food produced the quality is good.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very disappointed with customer service, took my son here for breakfast but told I couldn't stay unless I ordered food. Told their policy was that I couldn't just have a drink as It was likely that I would just help myself to the food. Not good customer service to call a customer a thief at the point of sale.

• Visited April 2014