“Lovely food and lovely staff”

Las Iguanas - Exeter
Ranked #30 of 518 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each Las Iguanas restaurant is unique, and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures, to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink, in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas Exeter is proud of its fresh GM-free food and top quality ingredients.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Love this place, we have been a few times now, often two or three times a week. The food is amazing, reasonably priced and the staff are lovely! If you like spicy, good food, then this is the place to go!

“Great service & food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with family & so glad we did. The food was excellent and very tasty the drinks ( coolers) were great eapecially the lemon & lime one. We all enjoyed the food from the varied menu. The staff were great and attentive nothing too much trouble. We will visit again when in exeter & we have one in plymouth who have alot to live upto.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic meal and staff. Not like any other chain restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hello,

I usually don't leave reviews for restaurants, but felt it was an absolute necessity when I came to the end of my meal. From the moment I entered the restaurant, the staff were as welcoming and friendly as it gets. Having lived in London for the last 5 years, I have eaten in a number of the Las Iguanas there, but this location in Exeter is by far the best I have been in.

I went with both my Mother and Father, who were both incredibly sceptical and desperate to eat in their regular, Carluccios. However, after much persuasion, we were sat at a lovely table in the window, and the attention from staff was first class. We were served by Maria, who was incredibly helpful, and attended to our every need.

I started with the gambas, my Mother started with the duck taquitos, and my Father ate the whitebait. Each starter was presented beautifully and tasted fantastic. For my main I ate the crayfish and chilli salad, which was large and incredibly fragrant considering salads can mostly be boring. My mother ate the Camarau la Creolla, which was flavoursome and something she hadn't experienced before, and equally my father ate the Bahia Moqueca, which he couldn't praise highly enough. To finish we all shared 6 churros, which were an absolute party in the mouth!

Overall I would recommend this restaurant to absolutely everyone. There is something there for most taste buds, and the food is excitingly refreshing!

1 Thank kittykitty01
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Suprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Went in for an early supper Sunday afternoon - not usually a fan of chain restaurants, but the menu looked inviting with lots of
interesting vegetarian options.
Service was warm and professional, bordering on the over-zealous - but the place was pretty empty at the time.
Food was actually rather good - we all ate from the excellent value lunch menu which was available until 6.30. I had the Black Bean and Beetroot Burger which was really flavourful and home-cooked tasting. All the vegetarian dishes we ordered were tasty and imaginative, lots of roast squash, coconut and black beans - no dreary fake meat products. Cocktails were good and during the happy hour two-for-one promotion, also represented excellent value. Overall, a suprisingly good experience.

London, United Kingdom
“A delightful, and tasty experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I regularly eat in the Las Iquanas in Bath and it was a delight to find that another outlet had been opened in Exeter.

The food chosen from a varied and extensive menu of South American origin was well cooked, well presented and at a competitive price.

The drinks ranged from ice cold Beers to an excellent range of upmarket Rums.

But the most satisfying aspect was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, a credit to the company management and a lesson to many other restaurants in Britain

I can thoroughly recommend Las Iquanas in Exeter to anyone wanting great value for money and a really good evening out