“Poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

Brewers Fayre
Ranked #184 of 515 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Truro, United Kingdom
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Been eating here most nights for the last 3 months so now have a pretty good basis for a review! It's not good. The robotic staff more often than not ask if you have eaten with them before, even when like I said me and my colleague have been there for 12 weeks! The food is poor, they are incapable of cooking a steak how you like it, chips are frequently cold, the eggs are either slimy and raw or overdone and inedible. I've had fatty gelatinous bits in the chicken and ham pie, the pasta bake was a watery mess, etc etc. The curry night on a Thursday though is very good.
After being here for so long I have noticed a lot of changes in staff over a very short period of time and after overhearing the staff chatting it is possibly down to a new senior member of staff shaking things up. Perhaps he/she should shake up the quality of food and presentation of the staff. One of the seemingly more qualified workers (tie, different coloured shirt etc) looks very scruffy indeed. In summary you sort of know what to expect. Ok for a big group or party who aren't expecting or wanting fine dining! Not great food, no Sky TV, not great service and monotone staff (dark haired lady behind the bar is an exception, always smily and chatty) who struggle to recognise you after 12 weeks of eating with them!

2 Thank Sicolenso

“Work together. Comical but very poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

How can one place get it so wrong? We were seated conveniently by the doors, we saw the comical effort of the individuals that work there (individuals, definitely NOT a team!)
So the process is, you are shown to your table, then you order from the bar, what could be simpler!?
We watched the same thing happen 5 times and the staff were completely oblivious!
The first thing you do once you get seated is go and get a drink from the bar, meanwhile another member of staff shows someone else to your table and so the process goes on. As I said, we watched this happen 5 times!
Maybe they need to sort this out, although comical to watch it does not make much practical sense upsetting everyone.
Our food was ok. But when you work somewhere that delivers excellent customer service you tend to expect it wherever you go.
The people working there need to stop the personal conversations, flirting with each other and pick their feet up when they walk. As I said comical, but I won't be back.

1 Thank Littleoldme2
Seaton, United Kingdom
“First visit to Brewers Fayre Exeter !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just been shopping with my wife and called into Brewers Fayre Exeter on the way passed.A very nice welcome on arrival by staff and I must say they were very polite.The Menu had plenty to choose from and when we order our meal we did not have to wait long for the meal to arrive which was very nice and I would deafenly return in the future and would recommend to friends and family.There is a Premier inn next door and Exeter Airport is only 5 minutes up the road so ideal if you have got a early flight.(very good)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tony H
Worsley, United Kingdom
“PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family (4 of us in 2 rooms) were staying for a short break in the attached Premier Hotel (that was perfect). We had already booked the breakfast for the 3 days we stayed so thought we'd try dinner there on arrival...Big Mistake! I don't even want to describe the food here, because I couldn't face thinking about it - It was just dire! I can't understand how simple food could be ruined so much. They need to sack the chef and kitchen staff and start again. I told the waitress how dry my chicken was - she offered me a soft drink to help it down....!
Next day we took a deep breath and went to breakfast (already paid for) but this was fine - you can't really do much wrong to an egg and toast. SO - SAVE YOUR PENNIES and stay away!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andihat
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Popped in for lunch on the way out of Exeter. Find it hard to believe a pub doesn't do sandwiches at lunchtime on a weekend not sure why that was. So went for the cooked options the chips were anemic flavourless food complete waste of time and money avoid this place

• Visited April 2014