The Bendene Townhouse
US$109
US$102
Mercure
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$98
Orbitz.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$84
TripAdvisor
US$125
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsb bquiet side streetcity centreshared facilitiesguest housesingle roomtop floorshared bathroommissed breakfastfull englishtea coffee making facilitiesyogurtexeter stenglish breakfastnight stayfirst floorbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night. Comfortable room on 1st floor with pool and cathedral view. Cafetiere was a nice touch. Bathroom gets boiling after shower though as no window. Breakfast was ok although I found mine a bit greasy and don't rate the vegetarian cheese sausage! My boyfriend enjoyed his full English. Would have preferred a choice of prepared fruit rather than just a fruit bowl. Very friendly staff, would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed there two nights my room was downstairs next to the front door which initially bothered me but after seven o'clock all was quiet. The bathroom was very clean in excellent condition which was reflected in the standard of the room. The staff were approachable and the service at breakfast was quick. I wasn't too keen on the full English breakfast as the chipolata was hard and chewy and the bacon could have done with a few more minutes under the grill. The next day I ordered the scrambled egg on toast which was delicious.
Parking was a problem as guests cannot park on the car park overnight and the guest house only have three spaces.
Overall I would definitely recommend The Bendene as its a short walk from town and was the best value for money around and believe me I looked.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Bendene is an older hotel conveniently located near the city centre. The rooms are small but clean, but there is a full bathroom ensuite. The room was provided with kettle and tea bags, The staff was friendly but there is no guest phone which meant a number of trips up the street to contact friends we were meeting. There is parking at the rear of the hotel, or street parking overnight. The area is a bit rundown or under renovation and the night we were there a car was broken into right outside the front door. The breakfast was really good, a variety of items and a full English with vegetarian option.

Room Tip: The back rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

it's a B&B within easy walking distance of both Central station & the mainline Exeter St David's. Two houses knocked together it's spread over a number of floors. beautiful recently refurbished bathroom in my room on the 3rd floor overlooking the swimming pool. would have been nice to have a holder on the wall for the shower head though as I had to put it down whilst I washed my hair. My twin room was reasonably priced but I do prefer a quilt to blankets. small TV on the wall & I only had limited channels available. didn't mention it to the owners as it wasn't really an issue. I didn't have any noise problems as there were only a few rooms occupied but I could see that if the place is full the squeaky floors & lay out could make it noisy, if you don't mind the climb go for a higher floor, it's worth it for the views from the back. Breakfast was nice but I prefer a pot of coffee on the table to having to getup for a refill. staff very helpful in vetting me to my destination & let me leave my case the next day whilst I went shopping.

Room Tip: upper floors at the back if you don't mind the climb
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a 4 star GUEST House, not hotel, I had not noticed this when I booked. The decor is dated and lacking in style and character. My twin room had no desk or table so no where to work, it had 1 wicker arm chair,(not very comfortable) and a small tv high up on the wall so you got a crick in the neck watching it. The TV was very basic and it was very difficult to change channels, I gave up in the end. There was a lot of background noise, loud generator type sound and you can hear every creak and thump of footsteps from the room above. The breakfast was disappointing, dreadful stewed filter coffee, fried egg swimming in fat and the veggy sausage was just a vegetable finger not a proper vegetarian sausage.I thought it was way over priced.

Room Tip: room at the top might be quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo