“best museum in uk”

Ranked #1 of 92 things to do in Exeter
More attraction details
Owner description: Exeter's world-class museum has stunning displays and galleries, fabulous exhibitions and modern amenities. The displays reveal Devon and Exeter's rich history and global connections. Exotic animals, birds and insects delight children and the world cultures galleries display stunning items from all over the world. The shop offers hand-picked gifts, unique craft items, books and affordable souvenirs for children. The cafe serves delicious homemade food. Opening times: Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm. Closed Mondays and bank holidays. Free Admission. From time to time galleries may be closed for special events; please check before travelling.
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Just go and enjoy this amazing world class museum and interact with the facility. Great fun and its free.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank 186254Johnscott
Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"young children"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I visited the museum specifically to go on a 1 hour guided tour. It was an ideal way to get about on a first visit and understand the layout. Entrance was free so I decided to make a purchase in the lovely gift shop. I also stopped for a cup of tea and a bite to eat at the cafe before leaving. All in all a good visit. I would recommend this historical place especially if you are stuck for something to do on a wet day. I shall be back as there is still plenty more to see.

3  Thank tracysymonds
Reviewed 23 September 2018

My wife and I visited here early 2018 we left it until later in the day ( we wish had not) as there was so much to see, the collections take you back in time and make you visualise what the travels were and how difficult it must have been to transport the artefacts and collections across the globe , the stories and descriptions on each exhibit tell a tale.

We will definitely be going back to absorb more and give it more time.

Don't miss this trip

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Charbarn
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I visited with a friend, we spent a long time going around the museum, then we had our
Lunch in the cafe.
Good choice of food. We chose the jacket potato with cheese. It was nicely presented and loved the way the cheese came in a separate bowl to add yourself

1  Thank vigusp