Overall, my experience at this hotel was terrific.
The hotel is in a nice location, very central to high street in Exeter. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown. St. David's train station is a close walk, albeit uphill (so take a taxi if you have bags).
Reception in the hotel were nice and efficient. The hotel room was small, but very well maintained and very clean. The bathroom was the same - small, but very clean and well kept. Water temperature was sublime.
This hotel offers a few nice additions that make the visit extra special. Homemade cookies are delivered at tea time. The hotel has a very nice lounge that offers a small menu of sandwiches, coffee and cocktails for very reasonable prices. In addition, the hotel offers guests a terrific breakfast in the morning, with a cold item buffet and a hot plate item daily. Food was excellent.
The only complaints I would have for this hotel are, firstly, the hallway lights are always turned off. While I can understand the environmental benefits from conserving energy, the hotel is an old property and the floors are uneven and nowhere near level. Add darkness and shadow and it becomes a bit of a chore to walk to your room (particularly at night). Secondly, internet is an extra cost at this hotel. While the price is not unreasonable - I feel it should be included as part of the room rate for a hotel of this class.
Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trip Advisor Award of excellence for the past 4 years is testament to the care and quality of this family run hotel in the heart of Exeter. The Queens Court Hotel is a beautiful Georgian town house situated on a leafy square in a city, which dates back to the medieval ages. All rooms are well appointed, all with en-suites. Relax in the bar and lounge or sit outside on the terrace. Visit the jewel in the crown of the Queen's Court, The Olive Tree restaurant. Multi-award winning, dine amongst the Venetian masks and enjoy the produce of the West Country. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked for you, drawing influences from Italy and the Mediterranean. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the high street, main train stations and very conveniently placed for the University. It is also fortunate to have a public car park on its doorstep that is free overnight and very reasonably priced in the day. Exeter is positioned in the Heart of Devon making it a great location to experience everything the West Country has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Queens Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Court Hotel Exeter
- Queens Court Exeter, Devon