The family that owns this pleasant hotel has a knack for hiring able assistants. Laura Langabeer, the extraordinarily pleasant young lady who greeted us when we arrived, the mother-daughter team that cleans the rooms and serves in the restaurant, and the rest of the staff all seem to understand just how important smiling assistance is for the reputation and ambiance of any property.Throughout our 4 day stay in a bright and ample first floor room, the staff was always ready with a smile and a helping hand. Despite the more or less constant drizzle, the facilities and people at the hotel made for a pleasant visit. The dining room and small bar are a very satisfactory venue in which to enjoy an ample daily breakfast which features some of the best scrambled eggs we've had anywhere and a dinner menu featuring a selection of well prepared entrees. The hotel is very well located within easy walking distance of the downtown area and the central rail station. A strong and consistently available WiFi signal enabled us to stay in touch with the rest of the world throughout a very pleasant stay. Highly recommended and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trip Advisor Award of excellence for the past 4 years is testament to the care and quality of this family run hotel in the heart of Exeter. The Queens Court Hotel is a beautiful Georgian town house situated on a leafy square in a city, which dates back to the medieval ages. All rooms are well appointed, all with en-suites. Relax in the bar and lounge or sit outside on the terrace. Visit the jewel in the crown of the Queen's Court, The Olive Tree restaurant. Multi-award winning, dine amongst the Venetian masks and enjoy the produce of the West Country. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked for you, drawing influences from Italy and the Mediterranean. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the high street, main train stations and very conveniently placed for the University. It is also fortunate to have a public car park on its doorstep that is free overnight and very reasonably priced in the day. Exeter is positioned in the Heart of Devon making it a great location to experience everything the West Country has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Queens Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Court Hotel Exeter
- Queens Court Exeter, Devon