Visited for the taster menu and an overnight stay as part of a travelzoo offer. Stayed with friends.
Taster menu was ok. While we saw a menu on arrival the waitress could have told us what each course was. She seemed in a bit of a hurry and we guessed that she wanted to go out for the evening - but the chef was seen leaving at the same time the last course was delivered to our table, so it must have been him in a rush. The size / shape of plates seemed to confuse waitress as the second course couldn't be put on the table because the plate she had left after the first course were in the way, she nearly knocked over a glass - twice. Food OK.
Afterwards we went to the hotel bar down the road for a snack and a drink.
Bedroom didn't quite live up to the 'boutique' label.
Breakfast was good quality. Four of us ordered different cooked items from the menu but none of the plates arrived with the correct selection. Ran out of bacon for one of us - it arrived a little later, barely cooked.
Good location for the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trip Advisor Award of excellence for the past 4 years is testament to the care and quality of this family run hotel in the heart of Exeter. The Queens Court Hotel is a beautiful Georgian town house situated on a leafy square in a city, which dates back to the medieval ages. All rooms are well appointed, all with en-suites. Relax in the bar and lounge or sit outside on the terrace. Visit the jewel in the crown of the Queen's Court, The Olive Tree restaurant. Multi-award winning, dine amongst the Venetian masks and enjoy the produce of the West Country. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked for you, drawing influences from Italy and the Mediterranean. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the high street, main train stations and very conveniently placed for the University. It is also fortunate to have a public car park on its doorstep that is free overnight and very reasonably priced in the day. Exeter is positioned in the Heart of Devon making it a great location to experience everything the West Country has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Queens Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Court Hotel Exeter
- Queens Court Exeter, Devon