Participated in a travelzoo deal with a 6 course tasting menu.
Will give you the brief details.
1) super location close to the city centre
2) easy parking right outside the hotel
3) nicely decorated restaurant with amazing quality food.
1) tired rooms
2) no cot in room for us on arrival (despite confirmation) and then was going to be charged £15 for it (when we got it we didn't get any bedding! )
3) portions for tasting menu main course were poor. We understood it was a tasting menu, but other diners were paying £35 a person and were treated to a much bigger plate
4) no bread with soup (other diners got bread!)
5) felt very rushed, there was only 2-3 minutes between each course and even when we were asked if we wanted a little time before our main it was only 5-6 minutes!
6) breakfast was good quality but tomatoes on toast consisted of half a tomato and four triangles of neatly cut dry toast.
Would visit the restaurant independently but probably would pay a little more for a better quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trip Advisor Award of excellence for the past 4 years is testament to the care and quality of this family run hotel in the heart of Exeter. The Queens Court Hotel is a beautiful Georgian town house situated on a leafy square in a city, which dates back to the medieval ages. All rooms are well appointed, all with en-suites. Relax in the bar and lounge or sit outside on the terrace. Visit the jewel in the crown of the Queen's Court, The Olive Tree restaurant. Multi-award winning, dine amongst the Venetian masks and enjoy the produce of the West Country. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked for you, drawing influences from Italy and the Mediterranean. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the high street, main train stations and very conveniently placed for the University. It is also fortunate to have a public car park on its doorstep that is free overnight and very reasonably priced in the day. Exeter is positioned in the Heart of Devon making it a great location to experience everything the West Country has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Queens Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Court Hotel Exeter
- Queens Court Exeter, Devon