All reviewstaster menutravelzoo vouchercity centrecar parklovely hotellarge bathroomtop floorquiet locationnight's sleepbreakfast was excellentbed was comfortableone night staypay and displayvery pleasant staytrain stationwould stay againshort break
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stay in Exeter relatively often for work and pleasure and I always book a room here. Having not given it a shout out, I thought I better! It's a gem of a hotel, a stone's throw from both stations in Exeter, and close both to the University and the City Centre. The staff are lovely, the rooms deeply comfortable and I always get a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This was the second time my partner and I stayed here and, once again, we found the hotel a great place to stay. It was clean and comfortable and the staff were always helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed in the family room which was a little squashed with an extra bed to cater for a family of four, but a very nice room. The extra bed (a z-bed) however, was very uncomfortable and not condusive to sleep which was the one disappointing thing about our stay.

Staff were all excellent, and made the children feel very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Good value for money and extremely clean. Lovely bathroom. Travelled by train so no parking problems (and very close to station). Room wasn't huge, but then we were only really sleeping in it. Sadly the restaurant and room service stopped early (around 8.30 I think) but all in all, very good value, reassuringly clean, nicely decorated/furnished and very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We took a sudden decision to stop in Exeter overnight and found a room here at a good price. Apart from a minor issue getting a place in the public car park in front of the hotel straight away we were very impressed. It is in a good position for the city (5 minutes level walk) and it was clean and modern. The staff were very attentive, the room was clearly newly done, very well fitted and spotlessly clean. We only had the breakfast, but it was very fresh from a full choice. It is in a quiet spot and we shall certainly look to use it again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple