“Friendly host family”
Review of Roselands

Roselands
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exeter
Roselands
Ranked #56 of 69 Exeter B&B and Inns
Satu Mare, Satu Mare, Romania
“Friendly host family”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed at Roselands for about 2 weeks; the room was the largest we've ever booked (having in view that most of the English rooms are small) and the price was perfect; Peter was very flexible as we had a longer stay. Very good bus schedule. Good area: quiet, safe, clean, next to a school, park, restaurants and take away, Maggie is a very nice lady - she lent me her raincoat, turned on the heating (in September) even though it wasn't very cold, because I was pregnant; she would always ask if we needed anything... The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alina L

Families
Solo
Business
Taunton
Reviewed 3 February 2009

For the price, I feel that this place is a pretty good deal (£45 twin room) if you can handle a 1/2 hour walk/ 5 min bus ride into town.
My sister came up from corwall and I was coming from London so we decided to stay in Exeter as a mid-point.

The couple were more than accommodating (we had a late night one night and wanted late-ish breakfast the next morning).

The twin room was nice and there were tea and coffee facilities and kit kat biscuits there in our room when we arrived! Better than most hotels and saved us money on coffees out!

Breakfast, was really good and fresh- shame I had a stinking hangover!

This place isn't for everyone (more cosy than Novotel) but the owners seemed nice people and genuinely hospitable. I'd say I'd stay there again.

• Liked — little extras/friendliness
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Skinuwin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2005

I Booked Roselands B+B in Exeter costing £50 per room per night.
After booking Roselands B+B that morning I recieved news that one of my close friends would have to leave the UK to go back home to South Africa after having a serious brain operation, he was leaving the same day I was ment to be staying at the B+B.
I called the B+B back that afternoon straight away to see if it was
possible to cancel the room due to unfortunate circumstances, to find he had already taken the full amount from my account and would not refund me even though I explained my reasons. As it happened fortunately my friend managed to get a flight three days later so we still went up to Exeter.
I chose this B+B on the basis it was near a certain part of town, (which the owner did assure me it was) to find when I got there, it was a good 20mins drive away which cost more money in taxi fares.
The room itself was very spacious but found it strange there was a shower
cubical next to the bed with no form of privousy etc... Thankfully I was with my partner as I can imagin staying with a friend or family it could be quite
embarrassing. The curtains didn't cover the windows in the room, which is bad enough, but when you have a shower in your room and the toilet in a cupboard you have no where to hide from potential on lookers.
The breakfast in the morning was less than average leaving us still hungry
after leaving most of it as it was either cold or had hair in it. For our £50 we
recieved a choice of 3 cereals, not alot left but enough, 2 small peices of
bacon, freezing mushrooms, 2 cold pieces of toast, 2 fried eggs (bit oily) 1
glass of orange with only one small cup of tea or coffee and most things
included an extra helping of cats hair, which I found quite off putting. All in all I cant see us costing him more than £5 so he's making a fourtune!
It did however have a comfortable bed and free veiw which was a bonus if we were there to appreciate it.
Overall I found the B+B a disapointment a very overpriced and unfortunatly I would not visit them again, niether would I recommed it to anyone.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Exeter hotels