All reviews fudge beer garden the pub cellar bar complimentary port mary arches great toiletries stylish decor hotel stay family party boutique hotel slight issue next morning no lift sky tv at short notice wonderful hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

What a gorgeous boutique hotel
Room 9 is just stunning , staff really friendly (big thanks to the young lads who brought my room service dinner upstairs)

Dinner was amazing, beautifully cooked plaice, polenta chips to die for and the wine was bone dry, chilled and served in a gorgeous over sized glass, just how I like it.

Room is incredibly well appointed with lots of drinks, and a couple of complimentary treats ( brownies and port - love it)

Shall return with other half for a non business stay

Also brilliant location - short stroll to the Quayside

Young’s - you have a total gem here !

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
City Gate E, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear 6471,

Thank you I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Citygate Hotel, and that we didn't let you down on food and service. I will pass the great feedback to our amazing team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Regards
Reception

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

An ultra modern appointed hotel room and bathroom.
Very well presented and double the size of a standard hotel room.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. In particular Steph.
We would not hesitate to return.
Many thanks to the hotel for making our stay so enjoyable.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
City Gate E, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello Jezc1234,

I hope you are enjoying your week.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us and will be sure to pass your kind comments back to our team and most importantly our Stephanie.

We hope to welcome you back to the City Gate on your return to Exeter.

Have a lovely evening.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to hold a small family party in the cellar bar . We were allowed to decorate the room in the afternoon for the party . The sound system was perfect and easy to play our own playlist through an iPhone ,the adjustable lighting was fab .
Staff were friendly and offers or help at all times.
We ordered party sharing boards which proved alittle too popular ! and we had to order some more food as back up which was provided without fuss.
I would suggest that they offer smaller plates when the party boards are for larger numbers of people rather than large dinner plates,but this was my only criticism .
Food was delicious .
Thank you for a great party venue . We all had the best evening.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Katie H,

I hope you are well.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent party with us. I am very glad that you and your guests enjoyed the venue, food and most importantly your party.

We appreciate all guest feedback and I have taken on board your comments and ordered some smaller plates for any further parties.

Thank you again for your review and hopefully we will see you and your guests back at the City Gate in the very near future.

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Booked city gate hotel for a hen party and asked to have a specific area which we were given. We were able to head to the hotel early and put up decorations and were also given a box of blankets for us to use. During the party we were also asked if the bride had any songs she wanted playing, and were allowed to play the games we had planned. We also had a few things we could not take with us so we were able to leave them at the hotel to be picked up the next day. Everyone at city gate was so welcoming and I would definitely recommend them and book again in the future!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
City Gate E, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello Megan D,

I hope you are well.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I will ensure your kind comments are passed back to our team.

You were all a pleasure to work with and we wish you all the best on the wedding day.

Hopefully we can welcome you all back in the near future! Who's hen party is next?

Have a great day.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I arrived here after a really long day of travelling and meetings. I was welcomed the second I walked in the door and was taken to reception. The lady was really friendly and was asking about my day. The next lady at reception was extremely kind and helpful and even offered to carry my bags to my room. The rooms are beautiful, really nice decor, fully kitted our and even have proper Sky TV. Really clean and comfortable. I went for a well deserved beer in the bar and sat in the beautiful outside space. When my beer was finished one of the girls clearing up who I spoke to when I arrived, offered to go and get me another. I can’t recommend this place enough, and will never stay in the Mercure again which is where work normally put me up. This place wins hands down. They have my custom every two weeks when I’m down here. Well done to the team. Outstanding friendly service and the rooms are lovely. Enough said.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
City_Gate_Exeter, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hello Laurie H,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The City Gate.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful, relaxing experience at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. I have passed your kind comments onto the rest of the team so that we can continue to provide our guests with the highest level of service.

Once again please accept my sincere thanks and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.