“All round fabulous !!”

The Devon Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room was great, very clean and had everything you needed in it............staff were very friendly and helpful.................food was fabulous .............carvery and breakfast awesome...........will be back again soon :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you had such a lovely time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Perfect carvery lunch & sweet for Easter Sunday with family. Very good attentive service (even though exceptionally busy), relaxed atmosphere & great lunch. 3 choices of meat, yorkshires & 6-8 choices of veg - fresh & tasty. Followed by a choice of 8 or so sweets. Lovely family lunch. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for visiting Carriages Restaurant for your Easter Sunday lunch I am delighted that you had such a great experience. Don’t forget to apply for your loyalty card to redeem rewards for visiting us.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

From the minute you arrive it is clear to see that a lot of value is placed on good customer service. The good customer service ran throughout the hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are modern and nice clean white bathrooms. Bed was lovely and comfy and I slept the best I have in ages! The parking is ample and decent size spaces. We had a meal out which was suberb and something for every taste, the portions are very generous as well as very tasty. We had room service breakfast which was an added bonus. We just got back today and the break was a mini getaway to explore exeter and the hotel was perfect to relax in. Thank you for a lovely stay. I know where to book next time!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CasHodsman

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We always strive to ensure our high standards measure up to guests expectations; I am delighted that you were happy with all aspects of your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was on a solo business trip and found Devon Hotel easy to find, parking was great and the staff were helpful. I would stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to my friends and colleagues who regularly come to Exeter for business or otherwise trips.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us and that our staff were helpful. Thank you for recommending others to us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed overnight and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food on the Cauvery. Sadly, it is assumed that you want a dessert as if you want a starter in lieu of a dessert, you have to pay extra. Surely choice should be offered, it's not rocket science.

Found the reception staff very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am happy to hear that you found the reception staff welcoming and the Carvery of a high quality.
The accommodation and dinner special offer is based on having a Carvery and dessert, no substitutions are offered due to the excellent value of the rate. We do offer tariffs that include alternative meal arrangements that include a starter.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights recently. Was disappointed by a couple of things the first being during my 2nd day staying at the hotel. After returning to my room after a long day it was good to know my bed linen had been changed etc. It wasn't so good to discover after jumping out of the shower dripping wet that there were no towels at all which had not been replaced. More disappointing was the lady on the reception desk laughing about it when I reported the problem!
Secondly, on the same evening I reserved a table in the restaurant for 7:30 and was directed to my single table in the corner. After ordering duck I was then made to wait 55 minutes for it to arrive. The waitress apologised and said she had forgotten to put my order through.
Not what one would expect from a hotel of this standard and I doubt I will be staying again which is a shame as I do a lot of business in this area and stay locally around 1 week a month but I shall be looking for another hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BrendHotels, General Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for staying at the Devon Hotel and for your review.
We always endeavour to make sure our guests have a stay that is in keeping with the high standards we maintain.
May I apologise on behalf of the hotel for you stay not being up to expectation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can apologise personally and arrange a pleasing rate on your next visit to Exeter.

Kind regards,

Mr. Simon Parkhouse.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

lovely hotel and very friendly staff. Park and ride around the corner so didn't need to drive into Exeter. All the little things thought of as well as comfortable and clean room. well done, will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you your lovely comments about the hotel and for taking the time to review us.
I hope you will return to us in the future.