“wonderful staff”

The Devon Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Absolutely nothing to complain about at this hotel. All staff were ultra efficient, friendly and happy. Rooms good and no noise problems from the nearby road. The restaurant was excellent and breakfast very good

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you reviewing your stay with us. I am happy that you had a lovely stay with us and that you found the staff efficient and friendly. We spend a lot of time on our staff training, it’s great to hear that it has paid off. I hope you will chose to stay with us again next time you visit Exeter.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I use this hotel for my free seminars on 'Sales Through Service' every couple of months. This morning, we had more attendees than we were expecting, and they simply offered us a bigger room, without any quibble or fuss.

It gave them quite a bit of extra work, but they couldn't have been nicer and more friendly.

Thankyou Devon Hotel.

p.s. The coffee was good too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your review and ongoing patronage of the hotel. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you, i look forward to welcomg you back to the hotel soon. Kind regards. Ross Hamilton. Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Clean, comfortable double , room small double , bathroom small but ok for solo traveller
Breakfast good choice well presented . Staff friendly and helpful

Would stay again location easy to find , parking available . Suggest courtyard rooms have easy access.

Room Tip: If more than one person suggest corner suites
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that your stay was up to the high standards that we aim to maintain. I hope you will chose to stay with us again. Kind regards. Ross Hamilton. Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2014

First class in every way. Good service, with a clean and spotless restaurant.
An excellent privately run Hotel chain here in Devon. Highly recommend the Sunday carvery.
The gardens and grounds are simply beautiful and well cared for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had such a great experience with us. I look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards. Ross Hamilton. Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have stayed here many times over last few years, for social functions. No complaints, it is a great place to stay, especially as in my case has single rooms of good standard and value for money. All very well kept and maintained to the standard of this chain of hotels in the west country. Food and service excellent, especially breakfast buffet! Location on Exeter ring road is convenient for both town and country, walk to canal towpath only short way up road. Would recommend it to anyone, and will certainly be returning myself.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your meal and service excellent, and that your stay was up to the high standard that we endeavour to maintain. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th April 14 for our 29th wedding anniversary.
On arrival we were greeted by the staff with smiles and seemed happy in their work, we checked in very quick and were advised of our room.
having read comments on here about the traffic noise we were surprised that although there is traffic going pass the hotel the noise was not a problem and that was sleeping with the windows open.
The room was clean and seemed freshly painted and was well equipped, only one problem and that was someone had opened one of the packs of biscuits and eaten one and left the pack in the box along with the coffee.
Good bathroom with a very nice shower with loads of hot water.
We had dinner and breakfast and loved all the meals the staff are some of the best we have found in the number of hotels we have stayed in.
We are looking forward to returning to Devon and will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting the hotel for your 29th wedding anniversary. I am delighted that you had an excellent weekend and that we lived up to your expectations. Thank you for you kind words about the staff, we put a lot of hard work in to our staff training, so I am very happy that you found them all to be excellent.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully before your next anniversary.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I attended a reunion dinner at the Devon Hotel over Easter 2014. I had booked in advance and the checking in process was handled efficiently by polite and courteous staff. My room was excellently appointed, the ensuite bathroom could have been larger but could not have been cleaner.
The reunion went well and the food was superb as was the breakfast.

1  Thank Geoff H

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you reunion went well. I look forward to welcoming you back for the next reunion.