“Great service, Great surroundings!”
Review of The Devon Hotel

The Devon Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great service, Great surroundings!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed a night at Devon Hotel while on a seminar at Exeter. I enjoyed a personalised service and the staff were courteous and very polite. I was treated like a King.
I surely recommend the hotel to anyone who is within the area for any occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am thrilled by your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I attended a function at this hotel so chose to get a room too. The food was really nice with good portions and the service was very good. The rooms were clean with a nice bathroom. My only niggles were the room being just that little bit too small as difficult to store luggage so it tended to get in the way and that the rooms were a tad on the warm side without the heating on. We did open the window a little but reluctant to open further due to facing a nearby busy road.

• Stayed May 2014
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the meal you had at the function we hosted. I am sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay. I do hope you will chose to stay with us again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Staff at the Devon Hotel paid attention to a comment on my booking form about a dietary requirement. They telephoned me to discuss what I could eat for my evening meal and delivered an amazing meal. The service was personalised and staff were genuinely interested in my requirement and had been researching it online.

The room wasn't large but was well appointed and had everything I needed. The bathroom was a good size and was great. The bed was sooooooo comfortable.

Room Tip: I was in a ground floor room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am delighted that the staff made you feel welcome and attended to your needs. I hope that you will chose to stay with us again next time you visit Exeter.

Hotel Manager

To keep up to date with all that is happening here at The Devon Hotel you can follow us on twitter @The_Devon_Hotel, like us on Facebok.com/devonhotel or visit our website.
Guernsey
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On my way to Cornwall and stayed holiday Sunday night at The Devon Hotel.. I was upgraded to a King Room on arrival. The room was a revelation. Clearly just revamped the Bathroom suite seemed brand new. The bed was very comfortable and my only complaint was the room was too hot. The restaurant was good value for money and the service attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will choose to visit us again.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A family weekend to celebrate a wedding anniversary, Ideally situated off the M5 and at the junction of the A38 and A380 made it easy for us to visit the nearby area.
A warm greeting and excellent service from the staff throughout the weekend, The bedrooms are clean and very comfortable and although the hotel is situated by a busy rounder about noise did not effect a good nights sleep, as this had been mentioned in previous reviews it was a concern.
The Carriages Restaurant has wonderful food in very pleasant surroundings, ideal place to relax after a busy day sightseeing. Plenty of choice for a breakfast that sets you up for the day.
Will use again when visiting the area or near one of their other hotels, thank You for making our weekend enjoyable

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We couldn’t have asked for a better one. I am delighted that you had such an excellent stay, and that you found your room, food and service to the high standard we strive to maintain.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I arranged a surprise Retirement Party for my partner at the Hotel and it was perfect. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, the buffet was excellent. The whole experience from meeting Simon the Manager who helped me with all the options available including his assistance at the party made it all worthwhile and a complete success. Couldn't have been better and would certainly not hesitate to use the Hotel again for any future events. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BrendHotels, General Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent party, I am delighted to read that you had an excellent time. I was happy to help with the organising to ensure that everything went as you would like. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best wishes

Mr. Simon Parkhouse
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I came to the Devon Hotel for a weekend away, the staff are friendly and happy to help. The king sized bed is as big as it should be. However the breakfast is one I would not pay for again it was like a rubber meal and I did not enjoy it.
On a whole the Hotel is wonderful!

Room Tip: 1 3 5 have the sun facing the window in the morning
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Manager at The Devon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your review I am glad that enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. I was saddened to read that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is usually one of most guests highlights. I do hope you will return to us in the future.