We had a lovely peaceful stay in this beautiful cottage, which is full of character and charm. It's very comfortable and well-equipped, with everything the four of us needed for our stay. Lovely beds, very clean and a great location overlooking the village green and next door's amazing vegetable garden!
A good location and a lovely little cottage. It is very comfortable and had a really nice atmosphere.
Thanks so much for a lovely time at the cottage, it was very homely and comfortable and had everything we needed. The kitchen was really well equipped and I even enjoyed making a cake whilst we were away! The location and village itself is really nice and so handy for some lovely walks nearby. Thanks again and we would definitely recommend it to our friends.
Had a perfect cosy weekend in the cottage with the fire on! Such a good location with pub seconds walk away, a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. Would definitely recommend staying here! And will be going back again!!
Had a great weekend away with friends at the little thatch. The cottage was beautiful and just what we wanted, it was in a great location in a lovely little village, only 2 min walk to the pub which was a fun night out and the beach was only a short drive with amazing views of red cliffs. It was so lovely and cosy we found ourselfs staying in under blankets by the fire playing all the board games they had, we even lit the BBQ up and had a winters feast. We all had such a fun weekend and couldn't of stayed in a nicer place. Thanks!
This idyllic little cottage is an excellent escape from city life. It's extremely comfortable and cosy, beautifully decorated and has great attention to detail. Equipped with everything you need it's difficult to drag yourself away from the comforts of the cottage, but when you do you're surrounded by natural beauty. It's a short journey to the beach for wonderful walks and the nearby town is great to explore. December was a lovely time to stay as it felt very Christmassy; I am going to book again for the summer so that I can take advantage of the patio garden and have a swim in the sea!
The cottage was very pleasant. There were a few little things that I would mention:
1) Take very seriously the 'courtyard garden' and do not suppose that the picture of the cottage, which is taken across a neighbouring garden is a reflection of the outside space.
2) Time of departure (10.00 a.m.) could have been a little more generous, especially since the owner wanted the beds stripped and the linen left in the bath for collection.
3) The cottage was very clean, but the roasting pan in the oven was disgusting -- I'm sure they just hadn't seen it had been left like that.
4) The description could helpfully include the fact that the doorframes are very low.
5) There is very little available parking in the village, and, over the time we were there, none ever became free near the cottage. This wasn't much of a problem for us, but it should perhaps be made clear that you may have to drive around to find somewhere to park.
6) Older travellers should know that the staircase is steep and uneven and the landing is strongly tilted.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|