“full of character”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 48 Nightlife in Exeter
Reviewed 23 June 2013

What a treat this place is. Food was simple and tasty and very filling. Everything was as local as it could be. As a cider drinker I partook of a very delicious local brew and my husband (who was driving) had a locally produced fruit juice. They also had a great range of Ales treated with respect. There was plenty of atmosphere even at lunch time and I cant wait to return for a boozy evening of live music. The publican very kind took us on a tour of the fantastic old building after our lunch. He was friendly and interesting, full of great facts and passion for the pub. Only wish I lived a little closer!

1  Thank RachaelandKye

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

What more can I say? The Bridge Inn is definitely worth travelling halfway round the world to visit. Steeped in history personal and historical.The Bridge Inn seldom dissapoints. The food is good fresh filling food. The real ale is gorgeous and I enjoyed every Sip/gulp! The staff are friendly and sitting outside watching the ducks and swans is relaxing. I am not sure if they still have live music. But if they do it makes a great venue with a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Little_Kingfisher
Reviewed 27 April 2013

After a lovely cycle ride along the estuary from lympstone we stopped at this inn.We had a lovely greeting from a pleasant young barman who told us all about the real ales on offer.He tempted us so much we had a pint and something to eat.We had a scrumptious fresh sandwich .The young waitress was pleasant and we sat outside and enjoyed the views.Highly reccomended for a stop and lunch.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I've been going to the bridge since I was tiny, as it's a family FAVOURITE! Lots of character inside and a lovely spot right on the river for summer time, really friendly staff and the BEST sandwiches in the world!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

well its in the Good Beer Guide for a reason! It looks huge from outside but inside there are two small rooms and a bar about 3 feet wide off what used to be someones tiny front room. Its like having a drink in the 50's. The service and customers are friendly and teh beer is simply magnificent. An absolute must