“Brilliant as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dinosaur Cafe

Dinosaur Cafe
Ranked #14 of 518 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Brilliant as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

THE place to go for excellent cafe food served with a smile. This family run restaurant has been my hangover cure, afternoon teas and party venue of choice for many years. Great choice and it's Meze menu as an extra bonus with Turkish coffee you can stand a spoon up in!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ernesto S

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Turkish food, full of flavour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Since travelling to Istanbul I became a big fan of Turkish food, one of the best in the world. So when planning our 3 days trip to Exeter and looking for a nice place to have lunch, it wasn't difficult to choose this one. After dinning here, my partner became a Turkish food lover as well.

I had Tavuk, chicken legs, with some salad and rice on the side, all very delicious, especially the legs were so tender, the meat was falling apart, and the flavour, deep and better than expected. My partner had lamb with a big salad made of one spoonful of all the salads available and we highly recommend this choice.

All the staff members we saw in the shop seemed to be Turkish, so there's no wonder everything was so authentic. Friendly little place, pleasant Turkish music on the background, good coffee, and good prices as well. The view towards the street is very nice as well, with the clock tower in the crossroad.
The only strange thing is the name... Dinosaur? But then it's probably a well established one.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Catalina G
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, calming and delicious dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tried this cafe for the first time, after wanting to visit for many years. Lovely atmosphere and food delivered quickly to the table.We were even asked if we wanted more tap water, rather than pushing other drinks which is a most refreshing approach.
We will be visiting again.

• Visited March 2014
Exeter, Devon
“My favourite place to eat in Exeter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The Turkish food here is authentic and DELICIOUS! Everything is laden with tasty spices and I haven't had anything I didn't LOVE. Last night my husband and I had 3 courses followed by Turkish coffee and I had 2 glasses of good house wine (at only £2.50 a glass!) and it came to £34. The staff are absolutely lovely and happy to recommend dishes if you haven't been before. It is a cafe so you can't reserve tables and gets quite busy. They only take cash. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

3 Thank Charlypops
Devon
“Great value and really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stopped for a quick lunch recently whilst heading back to the town centre. Very warm welcome as ever from very friendly owners. Love the fact that they make the food they like and it is always tasty. I find it relaxing to sit in the sunnt window, relax and enjoy the food - have to say I find the Dinosaur calming which gives me the chance to enjoy Turkish dishes made by firendly hosts. This place carries on with a very good standard and long may it continue to do so.

• Visited January 2014