“Still a hidden gem”

Ranked #11 of 562 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I frequent this little hidden away cafe come diner, with good reason. The place is simple but warm, I have never met friendlier staff, willing to go beyond your expectations just because they want to see their diners happy.
The food is what I'd imagine (if I was so lucky) a turkish mum would cook for her family, filling, cheap and damn tasty.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a delightful cafe we found. The food was excellent and so was the service, even our seven year old daughter was happily eating everything on her plate. The baklava was the best we've eaten!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've visited this delightfully friendly café regularly since it opened. It just gets better! Always a very warm welcome and Turkish café food that never disappoints. Before my first visit, I was uncertain whether I'd like Turkish food, but it has become a regular part of life for me.

If you want something different from "fast food" joints and mass-produced food, then this will be the place for you too.

1  Thank French_Sojourner
Reviewed 12 April 2014

THE place to go for excellent cafe food served with a smile. This family run restaurant has been my hangover cure, afternoon teas and party venue of choice for many years. Great choice and it's Meze menu as an extra bonus with Turkish coffee you can stand a spoon up in!

2  Thank Ernesto S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Since travelling to Istanbul I became a big fan of Turkish food, one of the best in the world. So when planning our 3 days trip to Exeter and looking for a nice place to have lunch, it wasn't difficult to choose this one. After dinning here, my partner became a Turkish food lover as well.

I had Tavuk, chicken legs, with some salad and rice on the side, all very delicious, especially the legs were so tender, the meat was falling apart, and the flavour, deep and better than expected. My partner had lamb with a big salad made of one spoonful of all the salads available and we highly recommend this choice.

All the staff members we saw in the shop seemed to be Turkish, so there's no wonder everything was so authentic. Friendly little place, pleasant Turkish music on the background, good coffee, and good prices as well. The view towards the street is very nice as well, with the clock tower in the crossroad.
The only strange thing is the name... Dinosaur? But then it's probably a well established one.

1  Thank Catalina G