“Nice fish and chips”

Lynmouth's Traditional Fish and Chips Fish on the Harbour
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Lynmouth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 21 May 2014

but like most of the more casual places in Lynmouth at this time of year, they stop serving early if you've been out all day and so we just had a takeaway at 6.45.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My daughter and I stumbled upon this little town last week while travelling with our dogs. We chose to go to this fish shop because it had an outdoor seating area. Due to having dogs we took note of the blackboard, which said said nothing about dogs. I went to order food and was told that the restaurant was closed and only the take away menu was available. I told the waitress that this was fine because we were eating outside as we had the dogs. After a good 10 minutes wait our food was ready. I took it outside and started to put the salt and vinegar on when I became aware that someone was shouting, I soon realised it was us being shouted out by a member of staff who had launched into a diatribe that we were not allowed to eat a take away in their outside area because eating out of a plastic carton would attract sea gulls...Well excuse me but what is the difference between eating from a plate or a plastic carton??? food is food, but that beside the point. We were treated appallingly, and felt so embarrassed at being shouted at that we left immediately, and felt extremely humiliated. We had to go straight back to the car to eat our food because we couldn't juggle a take away and the dogs, and then to top it all off, the food was absolutely awful....even the dogs wouldn't eat it!!

2  Thank milly167
Reviewed 22 April 2014

tasty fish and chips strange you have to jion take away que before sitting inside and then its brought to you

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. The owners were very nice and took time to chat with us and even accommodated our 2 wet dogs too. Visited here 3 or 4 times and couldn't wish for a better place to take the kids and dogs. All cooked fresh so have to wait for food but we'll worth it. As a new family to the area it was great to have been made this welcome.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very nice cod, it tasted sooooo light... Delcious, Chips weren't bad either... Went back next day and ate cockles..

Travellers who viewed Lynmouth's Traditional Fish and Chips Fish on the Harbour also viewed

Lynton, Exmoor National Park

Lynton, Exmoor National Park
Lynmouth, Exmoor National Park

Been to Lynmouth's Traditional Fish and Chips Fish on the Harbour? Share your experiences!