“Great food,Great views,very clean Hotel.”
Review of Tors Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lynmouth
Tors Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lynmouth
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on Saturday,hotel is right on the hill.you need to be fit to walk up and down to it.very steep hill.
Hotel is full of antiques,very warm rooms and very clean.
There seems to have been some decorating and a new veranda outside.hotel was fully booked and had plenty of Germans staying which is a good sign,Germans generally like nice hotels.and expect good service.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel captures all that is wonderful about Devon, set in a gorgeous cove with fantastically scenic walking trails right outside your door. The hotel has wonderful food, a beautiful outdoor deck to have coffee and rest after your walking or shopping or nothing, and truly lovely rooms with a great front desk staff. The location is absolute perfection, nestled into the hillside, just high enough to give you the best possible views of the sea from throughout the hotel. It is walking distance to a unique collection of quality shops and cafes - a perfect place from which to enjoy Devon and muse among Miller's collections.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the setting, rooms and food to your satisfaction.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I booked The Tors hotel for and after wedding family lunch. There was 21 of us in total. Upon booking we were offered 4 complimentary bottles of wine for booking with them which was very generous. We were seated in their lovely dining room and the staff were faultless in their service. We had pre-ordered but were offered the chance to make changes if we wished which was nice. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The staff were attentive but not annoying and made a real fuss of us. The view was magical and all in all it was a perfect end to a wonderful weekend in Devon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your celebratory meal at Millers and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had booked four days dinner, bed and breakfast for my husband and me. However, when we arrived, it was clear that the hotel was unsuitable for my husband who has terminal cancer and is very frail. Along with a deterioration in his health since i booked, I realised that the 'short distance to the lift' was not quite so and as we use a wheelchair (He can use a stick for short distances) the hotel was not going to be suitable.(The decor i.e. thick rugs and distances - large distances from a to b.). The hotel was incredibly understanding and despite it being clear in the confirmation about paying a cancellation fee, they did not charge me anything. This was so understanding and much appreciated. Coupled with this, they identified an alternative with a suitable, ground floor room. Unbelievable customer service!

Room Tip: Cannot complete the ratings as no experience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We are very sorry that you could not stay with us as planned but I am very pleased that our staff found suitable accommodation for you.

Again many thanks for your review

Reviewed 24 April 2013

A sincere thank you to all the wonderful staff that made our recent visit such a delight. From the moment I booked this hotel until we left the service provided was excellent. Having experienced first hand the service and hospitality I am surprised at some of the trivia that people write. What difference does it make in respect of the colour of the toilet paper that featured in a review of this hotel, personally we thought that the small bin on the breakfast table was an excellent idea as it enabled you to dispose of wrappers and other sundry items thus giving the occupant an uncluttered table.
The location of this Devon Delight, set as it is into the hill side above Lynmouth, provides an ideal setting which in turn gives the resident some panoramic and exceptional views which can be enjoyed from sea facing rooms and the dinning room alike. This hotel punches above its weight, guests need to be aware that it is currently a 3 star hotel which provides a 5 star service I am confident that under the stewardship of Mr. Marks the General Manager this will change as he makes the necessary modifications that will ultimately result in more stars being awarded. The woodland walk, pathway down from the hotel to the town, whilst difficult and as advised not suitable for push chairs was managed by a 76 year old without undue difficulty. I think it is difficult to mention individual members of staff as without exception all went the extra mile to ensure that the guest had a pleasant stay, that said I must say that the receptionist Kinga warrants a special mention as she was always cheerful and extremely helpful. I must also say what a delightful couple of waitress's served us in the dinning room. We had two excellent evening meals cooked by Andy Collier and his team in the kitchen, the scallops my wife ordered were cooked to perfection, difficult as they are so often overcooked, his slow cooked belly of pork and lamb are to die for! Without doubt well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
1  Thank DevonshireWrinkle

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about the food, hotel and service.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy another stay with us at Millers at the Tors.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I am sitting in the lounge of this hotel and I am quite baffled about some previous comments made about the food and chill factor in this hotel. I have just finished dinner which was quite delightful (as was the beautifully presented G & T) and whilst it is a cold night, I have just had to take my jumper off because the hotel is so warm (and that is not bad given I am from tropical Australia where the average temperature is 28 degrees and it does not take much for me to feel the cold).

This is an old worldly resort full of old worldly character and charm. The views are second to none, the service brilliant and the rooms are just fine. Remember this is a three star resort (with a five star service), so do not expect five star rooms. Very comfortable though. As for the artwork it would not be my cup of tea but certainly adds to the ambience and will certainly keep you interested.

I would have no hesitation in staying again.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a sea view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and for your great comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to ensure all guests enjoy their stay and it is great to hear that the service and food were to your expectation.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We don't live very far from Lynmouth but upon reaching my room at The Tors Hotel, Lynmouth my first reaction was to say " why travel miles when you have this on your doorstep" ? A Lovely hotel in a stunning position & the staff were all so very friendly & helpful, they always had time to stop & talk as well as being obliging. It was a very cold weekend when we were there & we saw mentioned that people had complained that they were cold in their rooms but we certainly didn't find that, in fact quite the opposite. The food was superb & plenty of it & the public rooms furnishings were amazing. The views were superb & of course the walks in the area are as good as anywhere. We walked up to Watersmeet, a stunning location, then on up to Rockford, as good a walk as you will find anywhere in the country, coming back down to Lynmouth via The Two Moors way, makes you ready to relax on the deck in front of this superb hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 207 & if I ever go back I would ask for that room again, plenty of room &...
1  Thank Dwalker24
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your great comments on the food, staff and style of the Tors. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Once again thanks,

Ronald Marks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynmouth
The Bath Hotel
Exmoor Manor Hotel
Exmoor Manor Hotel
#5 of 9 in Lynton
Exmoor White Horse Inn

Been to Tors Hotel? Share your experiences!