“Will return...”
Review of Tors Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lynmouth
Tors Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lynmouth
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Fantastic location; stunning view from our harbour-facing bedroom; fantastic Millere-esque reception/sitting rooms; very friendly and helpful staff; excellent food and well-run bar; bedroom & bathroom fine, but could do with redecoration - although gather that is in the offing. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Go for a harbour/sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the views, staff and the unique 'Millers' style to your liking.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at The Tors as part of a Groupon offer, but any anxieties I had very quickly disappeared from the moment we stepped into the hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The ground floor décor was quirky and unique - you're never short of a conversation piece close at hand!- and the room was clean and comfortable with a very comfortable bed. You could argue that the bathroom could possibly have benefitted from a little sprucing up, but the hotel will be extensively refitted/updated over the winter. Everything was clean and functional.
Breakfast was excellent each morning with a great choice and staff were excellent at all times- never intrusive.
The aspect of the hotel and the views were breathtaking, and sitting on the large terrace at the front of the hotel, overlooking Lynmouth, was perfect. The view from the room balcony was even more impressive. The village is beautiful and superb scenery and walks at every turn.
We dined in the hotel restaurant on our last night and I've rarely eaten food to the standard served up here. Each course was superb from the scallop starter, through a perfectly cooked steak au poivre to the chocolate brownie with raspberry coulis dessert. You really could taste all the flavours on offer- excellent. My partner was equally enthused and, unusually, hardly left a crumb on her plates. Hence I felt compelled to congratulate the chef after the meal.
All in all; the perfect holiday destination and I would highly recommend you stay here if visiting Lynmouth. Ron Marks and his team should be immensely proud of what they offer and would definitely stay here again on a return visit.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the food excellent and the staff helpful.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a Living Social deal and got a room with the most fantastic view we've ever had from a hotel. We had lovely weather so made the most of the small balcony that had stunning views across the bay and of the village below. The room itself was a little dated but had a big comfortable bed and was clean throughout. All the staff at the hotel were very polite and helpful and always greeted you with a smile. The breakfast was lovely, great choices and all locally sourced and although we didn't have dinner at the hotel we heard some very good reports about the food from other guests. Lynmouth itself is so beautiful and has a lovely feel to it, the Cliff Railway is a must during a visit. All in all we had an amazing time and can't wait to go back....i miss that view already!!

Room Tip: Room 302....best view ever!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the housekeeping was good and staff friendly. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfasts

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Tors. We had a lovely double room with the best view that I ever experienced in a hotel. The hotel is high up on the cliff and overlooks lynmouth bay. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was a treasure trove, full of interesting nic naks. The staff were all really friendly and efficient. There was a buffet breakfast and the option of a cooked meal. The breakfast was lovely. We ate one night on the terrace and the food was very reasonable and totally delicious. I got cold so they moved us into the library, which we had to ourselves. The view was phenomenal and we watched the sun set as we dined.

I would thoroughly recommend staying here. Perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the views, breakfasts and our unique style to your liking.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I were thrilled with our stay for 2 nights. Staff were very efficient and helpful and the whole place was spotless , but this hotel offers much more.
The food is excellent. We dined in the restaurant and had a perfectly cooked and served meal. We started with scallops and a seafood starter then I had delicious lamb rump and my husband tender pork belly with crispy crackling. The puddings were scrumptious. Breakfast was splendid plentiful and delicious.
The views from our room 117 were across the bay and harbour so we could hear the gentle wosh of the sea at night .From the terrace the views are stunning. Nothing could be better than sipping a G+T as the afternoon sun warms you on the relaxing sofas overlooking the pretty village.
There is a huge treat in store for those who love querky and antiques as you visit the amazing reception rooms....look at the photos its all true.
We had a Groupon deal and booked dinner as an add on. We were given a free bottle of wine and a free G+T. What hospitality.We will be back.NOT suitable for those who dislike the short walk up hill to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 117 is newly refurbished and has great views
2  Thank Suebiere
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your great review and for your kind comments. I am very pleased that you were happy with the cleanliness, standard of food and the service.

Once again than you, and see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great location, lovely clean room with breathtaking view of Lynmouth. The food is excellent and the staff are very helpful and polite. Access into the town could be better as you have the choice of walking along the road (which has no pavement) or a Zig Zag path down the hill which would be difficult for elderly/disabled. Decoration is a bit bizarre but very interesting and the house Gin is worth a mention.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a sea view - best view of Lynmouth in the resort

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very enjoyable hotel and great views from the balcony. No wi fi outside the reception though. The lobby and the whole ground floor is full of antiques and other items of interest. I've seen reviews of the hotel saying they didn't like all the "clutter". I actually think it adds to the charm of the place

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stonesfordf
Ronald M, General Manager at Tors Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the views to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Ronald Marks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynmouth
The Bath Hotel
#1 of 2 in Porlock
North Cliff Hotel
North Cliff Hotel
#7 of 9 in Lynton

Been to Tors Hotel? Share your experiences!