“Great lunch!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Lynmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Homecooked menu served in a warm friedly atmosphere. Our menu includes sandwiches, banguettes, jacket potatoes, chillis, curries, All Day Breakfast, Beef or Veggie Nachos, Selection of Burgers, we even make our own pasties and sausage rolls. Or if it is just a drink and cake you are after then our coffee is well known for it's excellence.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We found this little cafe and had a really tasty lunch.We were trying to avoid pasties and be healthy! Homemade soup was the best I've had in ages, served with lovely granary baguettes. Good service and an open fire, magazines to read and wifi! My son was naughty and had a Cream tea - this was perfect too, warm scones and plenty of cream. It may look fairly run of the mill from the outside but you should go in and eat well.

1  Thank pierremad

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We forgot to put our home made picnic in the car so returned to The Riverside Restaurant to grab sandwiches and snacks for our walk. A warm welcome and our needs catered for (children's portions).
Stuffed and wholesome sandwiches and home baked tasty sausage rolls.
On our return, we sampled some of the bonoffee pie: AMAZING!
Far better than the average seaside cafe fare.
Don't try anywhere else in Lynmouth.

1  Thank Chaoscurran
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Went with visiting parents. Food was superb and my chowder and my Mother's soup were clearly home made. Even the children's food was great.
Another sign things were popular was that I saw three local shops all collect soup orders.
This restaurant is well worth a visit.

2  Thank Chaoscurran
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I had the home made soup for a quick bite when stopping off in Lynmouth and I really wasn't expecting what was served. Hands down the best tomato soup I've ever eaten. Had a little bit if spice to it and was very very flavoursome.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. If your ever in Lynmouth go here you won't be disappointed

2  Thank philm1981
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Whenever we are in Lynmouth we always have lunch at Riverside Cafe. Food is freshly prepared and consistently excellent with good sized portions, the staff are all very friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. Deb serves the best coffee in Lynmouth and makes wonderful cakes, what's not to like? We love it!

3  Thank Devon-Jonny