We had a room with a view of the river and a comfortable 4 poster bed. We opted for a dinner, bed and breakfast package as I am celiac and did not want to have to go hunting for gluten free dinners. I took my own cereal and bread and had excellent meals cooked by Neil, who seems to treat cooking as a hobby as well as a job. Both Sharon and Neil had an obviously good knowledge of a gluten free diet, which was very reassuring. They were both excellent friendly hosts with a lot of useful suggestions of what to do and see. I was a bit intimidated by the narrow road and tight parking (not being used to them), but there was plenty to see without taking my car out for the duration of our stay. Neil even drove us out of town to a local vantage point, so we could do a one way walk home which was mainly downhill.
A great place to stay for a visit to The Lynmouth area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a friendly service in a great location. Guests can enjoy a four course evening meal as well as a great breakfast. We are licensed so you can enjoy a drink whilst watching the sun go down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Lorna Doone House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lorna Doone House Hotel Lynmouth
- Lorna Doone House Lynmouth, Devon