“Christmas at The Bonnicot”

Bonnicott House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Lynmouth B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Christmas at The Bonnicot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a three day Christmas break at The Bonnicot House Hotel. I would like to thank Jeanne and Jeremy for a wonderful time. What great hospitality. I have never been looked after so well, and I have travelled world wide. the welcome was wonderful and all the time we were there nothing was too much trouble. It is a lovely, warm and inviting house and the four poster room we stayed in was comfortable. I slept really well. Jeanne is the most magnificent chef and all the food was of top quality and sourced from the best purveyors of food. I have been stuffed to the brim with good food and drink and chocolates. A decanter of sherry in the room was an added luxury. The honesty bar also very good and well priced. I will be returning...............................

Room Tip: Tw rooms with four posters
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josephine W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a wonderful time during our stay with Jeanne and Jeremy. The room was so comfortable with a gorgeous sea view. Breakfast was delicious, and the lounge was comfortable. Lynmouth and Lynton are lovely even in the cool and rain, with interesting shops, tea rooms and pubs. Jeanne and Jeremy also provide directions for a driving tour around the moors and surrounding towns. Their excellent recommendations made our trip so fantastic, it couldn't have been better!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Greetings and thanks a lot from Cologne in Germany for relaxed days in a lovely and welcoming place.Rooms very comfortable. Ours had a great sea view. Breakfast choice excellent.Thank you Jeanne and Jeremy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

What a lovely, peaceful and welcoming place to stay. My room overlooked the harbour and was very comfortable. The house is full of books and interesting things and the lounge is a great place to just sit and gaze out at the sea.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed for 1 night while walikng part of the SWCP. Room was comforatable and the whole B&B had a relaxed atmosphere with great soft background music being played in the lounge area. The lounge area is comforatable and drinks are offered on a help yourself basis. You log what you have had and pay on departure. Jeanie and Jeremy are very accomodating and allowed me to drop my bike and luggage at the B&B the day before my arrival. (walked Porlock to Lynmouth). Breakfast was good. After checking out, again i was allowed to leave my luggage at thh B&B while i walked the Coombe Martin to Lynmouth leg. On arriving back at the B&B after walking I was offered a very welcome cup of tea and homemade cake.

I would recomend a stay and Bonnicott and would stay if i was in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. Rooms very comfortable. Ours had sea view. Breakfast choice excellent and well presented. Room had tea & coffee making facilities, t.v with DVD player. Plenty of books and DVD's to choose from.
As the property is built several feet above street level, parking is in the public car park opposite. We were given a free pass by the proprietor to cover our stay.
Would recommend this place and we will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Luckily they had a vacancy on a Tuesday night for me and my husband, who were in town for one night and needed a place to stay. Jeanie checked us in with no fuss and quickly sent us off to find food since we arrived very late. Luckily, the pub was still open and serving food. We came back to the hotel to find some of the guests enjoying a guitar jam session with one of the staff who's in a band. Jeanie told us to go join in and we did! Such a pleasant evening, although we just got there at the tail end. The hotel itself is much more like a bed and breakfast, as it definitely feels like you're in someone's home. There are plenty of books and magazines around if you're looking for something to read and lots of art and curiosities all around. Our bedroom was small, as is typical in England, but very cozy, with a four poster bed, loveseat sofa, and en suite bathroom. I don't think I'd ever slept in a four poster bed with a canopy before! We felt like medieval royalty! Breakfast was also delicious, and service was excellent. There's no wi-fi in the bedrooms but it is available downstairs in the lounge. I'd definitely recommend Bonnicott House to anyone looking to stay around the Lynmouth area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynmouth
The Bath Hotel
#4 of 15 in Lynmouth
The Lyn Valley Hotel
The Lyn Valley Hotel
#1 of 15 in Lynmouth

Been to Bonnicott House Hotel? Share your experiences!