“Confused, was I staying in the write place”
Review of Riverside Cottage

Riverside Cottage
Ranked #7 of 15 Lynmouth B&B and Inns
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Confused, was I staying in the write place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have just come back from staying at the Riverside Cottage, which I had chosen from all the lovely reviews I had read. Our first contact with the owner(don't know her name as she didnot introduce herself) was when she ask us to pay up in full, after we had just entering the door. This made us feel very uncomfortable.
We were then shown to our room. At first glance our room seemed fine but I had not entered the bathroom yet. Towel rack was rusty, mould all around the shower door. The toilet brush, well I won't go there.
The breakfast was very good and the young lady serving us was very friendly. The room you sat in for breakfast was a cafe during the day and it felt like it. No! Homely feel.
The parking is a nightmare. The write up is a little confusing as they don't have there own parking.
The views from your room are wonderful.
I have never wrote a bad review before, but I felt I needed to let others know about my experience.
Maybe I am wrong and this is what you get with a Bed and Breafast these days??

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marion A

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

4th year running we have spent a couple of nights here. It is a lovely b&b in a great position with a lovely view across the river and down to the sea. Last year we stayed in a room at the back but it is definitely worth paying extra for a balcony. The room (5) was clean and comfortable with twin beds which are a little on the small side. The room is basic but it did have a television, hair dryer, clock radio, tea, coffee and a kettle. I agree with a previous post that the towels in the bathroom are very small and for the amount paid a fluffier larger towel would be nice, but that's probably my only gripe.

Breakfast was lovely and the use of the little cafe at the back was not a problem, its quite nice watching Lynmouth wake up in the morning.

The landlady and the girl helping at breakfast were very pleasant and helpful and hopefully we will be back again next year

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann B
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

we stayed for 5 nights and had room 7 which is on the 2nd floor, clean spacious room and bathroom the balcony really makes the difference. The location was so central in this little village, views of the hills to the right, the river running in front and the harbour to the left I could just sit for hours watching the tide come in, filling the harbour and coming right up the river bed. We felt we were among friends as soon as we arrived as we were made very welcome by our friendly host. Parking is simple and either free or very cheap. Debbie's breakfasts were ample to set us up for our long walking days. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights on arrival we were greeted by the friendly owner who took us to our room, the balcony was great to be able to sit outside after a long walk and look at views of the river and lynmouth. The room is clean,comfortable and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was very good. We will be returning :)

Stayed July 2014
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really needed a night away, so we chose Lynmouth due to it being only a couple of hours away from us in wiltshire. We found riverside cottage online and it's price and location were just what we were looking for. We arrived on a sunny Sunday afternoon. It was very busy and parking was a problem, but we were able to pull up outside and unload our bags before eventually finding a parking space. The B+B is a very pretty one, ideally placed right in the centre of town with views from the balconies looking out to the river Lyn and the harbour. Our room on the top floor was very clean with a comfy double bed and a spacious bathroom and all the usual comforts you would expect. After a lovely walk around town and a bit of exploring down by the sea, we went for a pint in The Rising Sun and sat outside on the harbour wall soaking up the sun. That evening we went back there for our evening meal which was very nice too. After a good nights sleep we went down for breakfast and were treated to cereal, fruit juice, tea, coffee and a full English, all of which was delicious and just what was required for our journey home. Even though we only stayed one night, it felt like more because of how relaxed and friendly the staff were and the general laid back attitude of the locals. We will be back, and because it's dog friendly, Henry will be coming next time!

• Stayed June 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and what can I say other than we chose well. The room was immaculate and came with a balcony with superb views of the sea and Lynmouth as a whole. The cooked breakfast provided every morning was excellent, and more than enough to set us up for the day, and to top it all, Debbie the landlady could not do enough for us, and went out of her way to ensure that our stay was completely stress free. We will definitely be returning in a few months time, and thank you Debbie for making our stay so comfortable, Karl & Jo.

Room Tip: Would definitely make sure that you ask for a room with a balcony, is well worth it for the view.