“Just the view I wanted”

Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Lynton
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Refreshments served with a side order of spectacular views across Lynmouth Bay. Our Grade I listed building perched high on the cliff top is perhaps the most beautiful location for a Cream Tea in the Westcountry. We also offer a range of freshly prepared sandwiches, homemade cakes, light lunches and vegetarian options to eat in or take away; and of course we do drinks and freshly ground coffee too. To find the cafe use postcode EX35 6HW.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Just the view I wanted”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A lovely view and a nice lunch. Perfect! Going back in a couple of weeks - can't wait. Waitress was very personable and as a lone visitor made me feel very welcome.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mrs_A733

• Hebrew first
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Best Cream tea I have evr had.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A great little café for teas. It is small and looks over Lynmouth Harbour, one of the best views around. Inside and outside sitting. The service was as expected, but is was not busy, everyone was very friendly.

My wife and I had lunch and tea there. I would avoid lunch unless having their alternate to cream tea, a cheese scone, brie and chutney. My wife had this and I was very jealous having had a rather average sandwich.

The pièce de résistance is the cream tea, a large Scone (Apricot, fruit or plane) good jam and very generous with clotted cream. My biggest issue with most cream teas is the rather frugal amount of clotted cream, not here you can spread it thick on both sides and have some left over. The scone was obviously home made and all in all the best cream tea I have ever had, and I have had many.

In the display where many other lovely looking cakes and the coffee and tea was of a good standard.

All in all defiantly worth a visit if you like a good tea with a stunning view.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Edward S
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Can't beat the location. Step of the cliff railway and into the cafe with lovely views. Been here a few times (never eaten but food looks nice). Staff always friendly and attentive. Had the best iced coffee I have ever had here. Recently re-visits and took cliff railway with specific intention of getting an iced coffee (a year after we first went there!) - they weren't doing iced coffees! Aargh! Had a very nice cappuccino instead.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carla B
Coventry, United Kingdom
“cheese tea”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A cheese tea rather than a cream tea. after a ride up the cliff on the railway. Fantastic!!! Lovely views over the sea from the outdoor tables.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had the most amazingly good scones with jam and clotted cream at this cafe. We sat outside and enjoyed the fabulous view. Both the apricot scones and fruit scones were delicious, served warm and perfect taste and texture. The chocolate brownie and latte also very good. In was quiet when we went on the Thursday before Easter and the lady serving was polite and our food came fairly quickly.

• Visited April 2014