We just spent one night at Castle Hill on a walking holiday along the South West Coast Path. The location couldn't have been more convenient at the top of the funicular railway, although an extra draw would have been a sea view - I am not sure if the outlook from other bedrooms would have given this. However the big plus at Castle Hill for me was the hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble for the charming owners and the friendly welcome is a wonderful advertisement for the area. Their thorough knowledge of the surroundings helped us prepare for the next section of our walk. We were pleased to take their recommendations for an evening meal at Lily May's across the road which was excellent. The room was spotless and a good size. If you pushed me to find a fault the only thing I could say is the lighting was a trifle dim, but that's being really fussy. The comfy beds gave a good night's sleep and the road outside was silent. Breakfast was a great set-up for the day, with home baked bread and muffins, juicy bacon and top quality sausages. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lynton is a quaint village situated in the Exmoor National Park. We invite you to stay in our spacious, Victorian Guest House which has clean and comfortable rooms. For added luxury suites are available. It's an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding countryside and is only 50m from the South West Coastal Path. We also now offer beauty treatments in our Salon room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castle Hill Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Guest House Hotel Lynton
- Castle Hill Guest House Lynton, Devon