“Lovely food”

Price range: US$4 - US$14
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Cafe & Coffee Bar
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I went to the Greenhouse for dinner on Fathers day, with my dad and boyfriend.
We started off with sharing the nibbles, a bowl of olives and bread basket with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, which was nice. For my main I had the fillet breast of chicken stuffed with wilted spinach and wrapped in bacon with a white wine sauce, seasonal vegetables and mashed potato.
It was delicious, especially the white wine sauce. My dad had the battered cod with chips and peas, and my boyfriend had the steak burger with melted cheddar (instead of stilton) with chips and salad. They both enjoyed their meals.
We had excellent service from our waitress and a very nice atmosphere, and the beer is cheap too at only £2.90 a pint!

1  Thank clumsybaby
There are newer reviews for The Glasshouse Restaurant

Reviewed 18 June 2013

A coffee stop after a walk round the town. Very attentive and pleasant service. Good drinks and a pleasant outlook. Great.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was our favorite restaurant for dinner the whole week we were in Lynton. The food--lamb, bass, trout etc.--was consistently fresh and well-prepared. Particularly the sauces. They were the tastiest I'd ever had anywhere.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Lovely little tea room - excellent food and wonderful staff. My children are quite fussy eaters but were catered for without a fussy. Scones were yummy :)

Reviewed 18 June 2013

just stopped for a coffee before showing a foreign visitor the cliff railway etc. excellent service, very friendly owner who offered to take a photo of us seated outside with our drinks. my friend had a peppermint tea and was offered slices of lemon to go with it. had we been eating, we would have stayed there longer.