“Amazin home cooked food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queens

The Queens
Ranked #19 of 26 Restaurants in Lynton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
“Amazin home cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Visited lynton for the weekend the queens was near my b&b so thought I would try it .
Was so glad I did as I was with my family we tryed a varity of home made food , steak and ale pie , cottage pie , freshly battered fish really enjoyed our time there and would recommend as value for money is just an added bonus .

• Visited July 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Two different prices for the same pint?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I didnt eat in the Queens, although the food looked ok. I just had two drinks. The first I was charged £3.70 for, and thought seemed a bit steep. I enjoyed a chat with some locals outside, and then went somewhere else to eat. I then came back with some locals later and to my surprise the same drink was then £3.10. I was served by the same bloke, and after confronting him about this, he denied it. After I then continued to ask why he did that, he asked if I would like to take it outside! class. I will needless to say not be returning.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DickKurtaine
Bristol, United Kingdom
“OMG I've just had the BEST fish & chips ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have visited this pub on several occasions and we always get a very warm welcome, the food is excellent (especially the fish & chips) which is all home cooked by Kelly. They offer a good choice of Exmoor ales which go down very well after a walk around the beautiful countryside. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely little REAL pub.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Ended up at The Queens after a lovely walk round the Vally of the rocks, it was a pint we went in for and a choice of 3 exmoor ales were offered to us which was fantastic as was the quality of them. We decided to eat as the atmosphere was so nice. The steak and ale pie was amazing. After our unplanned visit to The Queens on the Friday we went back Saturday and Sunday during which times we sampled several meals including a Sunday lunch all very brilliant and none of which cost us more than £10 we would of paid £15 for several of them because of the quality and size of the portion.
The service was great every time we visited we were treated really well by Mark the landlord he new what we wanted by our second visit and even offered us tastes of his other beers.
Pub was always clean inside and out its newly decorated and well looked after.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Friendly service, good food, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'm a bit of a regular to Lynton on business. Always pop into the Queens and receive a very friendly warm welcome from Mark & Kelly together with some lovely classic pub food. If I take my dog along he's also made to feel very welcome.

Visited April 2013