“Not even a portion!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queens

The Queens
Ranked #20 of 26 Restaurants in Lynton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
“Not even a portion!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I popped in here to get a bit of supper to take back to the campsite for my wife, daughter and I.
I ordered 2 portions of chips at £2 per portion having mot been impressed with the £3 portions in Lynmouth (at that lovely but expensive sea front chippy).

The barmaid was absolutely lovely and said the chef will whip them up straight away for me, the service was quick and very attentive.
She soon appeared with 2 large containers in a bag and wished me a good night, they smelled great in my car and I was so impressed........ UNTIL......

When we opened the boxes there was not even 20 chips in each box! I kid you not, seriously unimpressed!!!

Especially for what potatoes cost. My wife took a picture of them on her phone and when we popped into Lynton the next morning, she popped over to show them and explain our unsatisfied opinion, to which the first answer she got was that they were the only boxes they had left?? Wouldn't you ask if you could put both portions in one box?!
And that's no excuse for the poor portions that wouldn't satisfy my 7 year old if put together!

Then finally she got an apology in the former of "sorry you are disappointed we will pass it on to the chef".

My guess is the chef had those left over and couldn't be bothered at the end of the night, not only that but shoved them in two large Boxes in order to mislead us into happiness as it was a take away order.

Now that may have been a satisfactory portion if on the side of a large steak or a burger, but I would have expected a large carton near full seeing as I can buy a large sack of spuds from a local Devon farmer for £5......

I shall not bother going there again, very unimpressed and as we visit the area ALOT we shall pass this on to people we know.

Poor portion, poor show.

We didn't want a refund, but a sincere apology and maybe a little self disgust instead of excuses would have made an impression.

Montreal, Canada
“Fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a nice diner at this restaurant.The food was good and fresh. We really enjoy our diner. They also offer gluten-free bread!

Visited July 2014
Worle, Weston-Super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Didn't eat here but had drinks in the garden it seemed an excellent place. A group was playing in the small bar so the garden was best, had a great time. The locals were so freindly we had a real laugh I would recommend this pub to anyone and will certainly be back there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susan D
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Friendly pub with a pool table”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Friendly and welcoming. Food is basic pub grub which is mostly fried amd comes with chips, Pool table is good

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Always visit when in Lynton.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is one of our favourite places to have a drink when in this part of the world. Always nice selection of beers and a lovely garden to sit out with our dog. We didn't eat here this time but have had good meals here in the past. Try it.

• Visited May 2014