“Good value”

Ranked #3 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Lynton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Quaint cafe offering a wide range of food. We originally ordered soup and jacket potato but after being informed that they had just served the last potato (at 12.20pm!?) we stuck with only soup. This was very good, served in a large bowl with a warm roll. The girl serving was efficient and friendly.

There are newer reviews for Lacey's Tea Rooms

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went over the weekend with my family, (my husband, and two children) and I was amazed to see how friendly and helpful the staff were. One waitress in particular, Maisie (I asked for her name), went out of her way to assist us during our short meal. She prepared the toast for us which was cooked to a divine quality, she is an excellent chef if I do say so myself.
When there was spare moment, Maisie even came over to our table to ask if we needed anything else, she even engaged in polite friendly conversation with my two young children which I was very pleased to see. There were constant smiles and friendly behaviour from all the staff.

The meals were very affordable and the food was great, 10 out of 10!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We found Lacey's to be a very rude and discriminating towards my disabled son who is only 3 years of age and is tube fed, my self and my family went to Lynton for a walk about and my son was due his feed, we saw Lacey's was open and continued to enter the cafe the lady who was serving asked us to fold our buggy down. I explained that it was his wheelchair as he is disabled and she point blank refused our custom:( I would of understood her rejection if it was peek season as its a small cafe, but it was freezing cold and only a few local people were walking about. They only had 1 other customer inside.So be aware if you or your family have a disability good luck!' Absolutely disgusting!!!!!

3  Thank Wifenewberry
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Came to stay in Lynton out of season, not surprised only a few places open. So glad this Tea Rooms stay open, not tasted scones like it!!!! Good thing I'm not here permanently as this would be my regular afternoon treat!
Well worth a visit seems popular with locals and visitors.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I have set about trying every cream tea we come across on our travels, from a Thai beach hut to the full on tea at the Ritz and I can honestly say we should now stop. In Lynton on a visit with some friends we popped in to this place for a quick cuppa, saw a cream tea on the menu and could not leave without trying. They were amazing, the scones were huge but still light and not too crumbly, plenty of really fruity jam and lashings of the finest clotted cream. Plenty of tea and ample food for 10, let alone the 5 of us.

I cannot comment on anything else, yep the place is a bit small but if you like cream teas, you'll absolutely love this place.