We chose Shearings last year for a change and until now have been more than pleased with our previous trips. We apprecitate that some Hotels need upgrading etc., but this needs help pretty quick! Firstly either remove the nearly none existant doormat or replace it before you get an Insurance claim against you. Remove those HIGH BACKED CHAIRS please, they are not comfortable and really make that area look cluttered. Our bed was lovely and comfortable thankfully, but oh dear the wallpaper really is hanging off the walls and makes a rather depressing feeling when entering the bedroom. As for the bathroom in No 8 , I hope the bath panel gets replaced soon before you run out of stick tape to keep it together or to avoid someone cutting themselves on it. The dinning room needs a real sort out , it is the first shearings hotel that does not remove dirty pots between courses, brings toast out when you have finished your cooked brekie which is often cold anyway, shame because it is a fairly descent one. However the young lady serving did her best trying to please everyone, when it was clearly obvious she needed an extra pair of hands. A good few people there were on thier first Shearings trip and unfortunately will not be going on anymore from what they said. I am looking forward to my next trip to Torquay and hope I will not be has dissapointed as this. The coach drive ANDREW and his collegues made up for the shortfall of the hotel by taking us out daily to some lovely parts of Devon, especially the Canal Barge at Tiverton . So whoever is in charge of finances for this lovely old building come up with something soon .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Devon