My partner and I have just returned from a most enjoyable Shearings Self Drive weekend (Friday and Saturday night). The hotel is imposing but somewhat dated. Our room was lovely and clean with sea views even though we hadn't requested them. The staff were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was fine and the entertainment/quiz master was very good. The only disappointing thing was the weather - it poured with rain the whole time - and the fact that a lot of the shops and tea rooms were closed, presumably because it was out of season. Overall, excellent value for money and we shall definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel located in the picturesque village of Lynton on the North Devon Coast, this early Victorian Hotel retains many aspects of its original charm. There is an impressive atrium in the lounge, where entertainment is provided most evenings. It is located within Exmoor National Park, in the heart of the village of Lynton, overlooking the twinned village of Lynmouth, known as Little Switzerland. The Villages are linked by a masterpiece of early engineering, The Cliff Railway, built in 1890. There are good local amenities and stunning scenic walks only minutes away. All rooms in the hotel are en suite with many enjoying scenic views of the Bristol Channel to Wales. The Valley of Rocks is the ideal location for walkers or those who simply wish to explore the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Valley Rocks Hotel Lynton
- Bay Valley Of Rocks Hotel Lynton, Devon