“Heaven on a plate”

Lily Mays
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are no longer trading
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I thought I had tasted really good food but Rob's bacon and leek pie is "heaven on a plate." Every time I go to Lynton I just have to have some to make sure I am right and I am. Thanks Rob.

1  Thank janieChania

Reviewed 28 October 2011

We ate here twice during our 3 night stay and the food was excellent. Lovely home-made food, lovely chips with ample salad and vegetables and very good value for money. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This is a lovely little place with the warmest of welcomes and the very best steaming hot cuppa you could wish for. Both the Bacon butties & the Ham & Leek pie are well worth visiting for but the Walnut & Tia Maria cake is a rare delight!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed in a Bed & Breakfast for a week in August & ate our first evening meal at Lily Mays. We were so impressed with the quality & prices we ate every evening meal there. Ventured in a couple of times during the day too, the home made scones were just too good to pass by.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

One of the downsides of Lynton is the limited number of decent places to eat and drink, particularly in the evenings when too many of them are closed. This makes it difficult to get a good meal if you are in a B&B which doesn't do evening meals. Lily May's is open all the time and offers a good menu on the face of it, but it's only just acceptable in reality. I had a chicken meal one evening where the chicken was scorched almost to a cinder, and there was no trace of the sauce mentioned on the menu. Then they are understaffed, which means they easily get overwhelmed when more than a few tables are occupied. However it is a friendly little place which is definitely a welcome addition to the choice of eateries.

A downside which is not their fault is the problem of kids roaming around at night. This affects the whole town, but at Lily May's they come up to the window and stick out their tongues at the diners. But as I say, you can't blame the restaurant for that.

1  Thank BillAndCoo186298