“My what a meal,”

Lily Mays
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are no longer trading
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had my evening meal here whilst staying at Sinai House across the valley. Steak & Ale pie with beautiful fresh veg,Superb, Followed by bread & butter pud with lashings of Devon clotted cream, Oh my,what a treat.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Driving through Lynton on way to Ilfracombe, we needed something to eat. We almost walked past here as it is called Lily Mays Tea Shop. On looking carefully we realised that they do also do evening meals. Good service and good food. Only negative comment was that I was not given a steak knife for my steak. Assume the waitress was maybe new as she also didn't give them to another table, but Rob noticed and brought them to the other table. I had finished eating by this time. Wouldn't stop me going here again though

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were late arriving in Lynton. Our Sinai House B & B host chose Lily Mays for us. Good choice. Very nice owner and waitress...good service. Quite small...six or seven tables There is a window table that we were fortunate to have. A nice range of meat, seafood and vegetable choices; the impression is that it is all locally sourced...had a real home cooked, in the best sense, flair. Nice wine selection. And the prices were very reasonable. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

A really friendly restaurant with good old fashioned home cooked food. The waitress was so friendly and the chef was working hard in the back. We had a baked Camembert for starter which was lovely although so filling for a starter. We struggled to eat our mains after so much food, although partly our fault for eating so much earlier too.

The mains were lovely my husband had a steak and I had a Cajun chicken, which wasn't on the menu, I had ordered a peri peri chicken but they had run out so the chef came out and apologised and said be will do one up for me spicy. I thought that was very sweet and really out to make the customer happy.

1  Thank Beautifulcollision
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We enjoyed an evening meal on Steak night at Lily Mays. The steaks were cooked as we asked and came with sides in generous portions. The service was excellent and the music lovely. We would go again.