“Cold breakfast - unhelpful staff”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #223 of 743 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Roborough. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Plymouth’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 9 October 2012

10 of us went for breakfast around 1040. Ok we were told that it would finish at 1100 and we would have to sort our own tables out. Food was cold - no white bread (run out!!), no sauce or ketchup (ran out!), dregs of coffee left (run out and would not make anymore despite free re-fill policy!). Hotplates were cleared within 1 minute of the clock going passed 11. Avoid - 10 disgusted eaters.

1  Thank trevannie
There are newer reviews for Toby Carvery

Reviewed 25 September 2012

the food was barely edible and the carvery had "gone wrong" in the words of the staff member I talked to

1  Thank munki75
Reviewed 20 September 2012

adjoining hotel so really good not having to drive.breakfast is great too.worth the visit good value

Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

After compleating a 5km fun run in Plymouth, a carvery was just what we needed. I'm not normally a fan of eating in chain pubs/restaurants so was a little apprehensive when entering Toby Carery. My friend and I waited at the bar to be served but unfortunately the staff seemed a little disorganised, so we managed to get the attention of a waitress who happily showed us to a table and explained how Toby Carvery worked. We then joined the queue for the carvery, waited roughly 15 minutes in the queue but it was Sunday lunchtime, so this was to be expected. We were greeted by happy chef's who carved us lovely beef and gammon, then it was help yourself to Yorkies, Veg and Roasties. We sat down and tucked in....I was very plesently surprised, the beef was lovely and tender with so much flavour, everything was hot and cooked perfectly. The only thing I would avoid is the bread sauce, stuffing and mash, but this is purely as it wasn't to my taste. We were informed to help ourselves to extra veg and potatoes. We finished our meal with the Toffee Cheesecake and the only complaint I had with this was that we couldn't go up for seconds! It was truly delicious. I would recommend anyone to try a Toby Carvery!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Had a couple of breakfasts here while in Devon. There was plenty of choice but the cooking left a lot to be desired, bacon was hard and chewy, the potato, bacon, cheese & onion hash was sadly missing the bacon. I noticed that other diners had to wait a while for empty food dishes to be replenished. Not good! All in all it was ok but nothing to write home about.....you would be a lot better off travelling another 5 minutes along the Tavistock Road towards Yelverton to the Dartmoor Diner.