“It's all about the muffins.”
Review of Canadian Muffin Co

Canadian Muffin Co
Ranked #4 of 8 Bakeries in Plymouth
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We were keen to find an alternative to the usual high street coffee chains in plymouth and to be honest there isn't much choice.Had I not read the reviews I would not have given this place a second glance. It sits near the top of Armarda Way and is currently obscured by scaffolding. The interior is functional and not what I would describe as comfortable but....

...the muffins are ace. Lots of great flavours, freshly made and full of flavour. There are even low fat ones too between us we enjoyed raspberry and white chocolate, double chocolate and fruits of the forest. Coffee is good too and the staff friendly.

1  Thank CAStead

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I discovered this cafe back in 2001, when I moved to Plymouth as a Uni Student. The muffins were beautiful; I have returned several times to visit since I graduated and I always come here. I hadn't been to Plymouth in about 5 years but was delighted that this cafe was still here and thrilled to introduce my husband to their beautiful muffins! We had a toffee & coconut muffin and a strawberry and chocolate muffin. My husband had an Americano Coffee which he said was very good. The muffins are huge and are £1.95 to take away or £2.25 to eat in, but worth every penny. They are great quality and relatively healthy and low in fat, as they are made of oat bran rather than the cake type muffins you get from stores or other cafe's. They also do 99% fat free fruit muffins which I remember being EXTREMELY good and tasting as good as the normal ones! I can't wait to return to Plymouth again to visit :)

Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

The muffins are really nice; not too sweet. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The coffee is strong and well made.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

God forbid anyone walks 15feet to a cashpoint! I come here every trip into Plymouth, without fail (maybe 2-3times a month) and have heard several customers moan about 'no cards' but seriously, is no further than walking next door (though I would install one just to save the hassle of annoyed customers). Amazing coffee, lunch and muffins! Mmmmmmm.......... Muffins.......... It's a small place so the staff are always attentive and I have never had a complaint. Wonderful!

Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Love this place for a quiet coffee. Muffins are to die for,made all the better for being low in fat! Card issue is not a problem,as the prices are so reasonable. Only slight niggle is that the decor is a bit dated,it could do with a revamp. But otherwise this is a little gem.