“Exellent little find”

Alma Lodge Guest House
Ranked #11 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We came to this lovely bed and breakfast as it was my sons passing out parade and stayed here for three nights, rooms homely and well equipped, breakfast exellent and owners very helpful, I would reccommend this place to all who had reasons to visit plymouth.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 31 January 2014

A very friendly, welcoming and comfortable two week stay. Despite being on a busy road and at the front of the house, my room was very quiet and just perfect for my course revision. My room was spotless and very comfortable with an en-suite shower, TV, tea and coffee and the breakfast cooked to perfection. I recommend this guest house wholeheartedly and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank neilchant6
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We phoned direct as we needed a ground floor room for my wife, having poor mobility. They booked us into the large family room which had a big walk in shower, ideal for my wife to negotiate. The beds were so very comfortable - I didn't wake with an aching back which I sometimes experience. The cooked breakfasts were delicious with no grease - plenty of cereal, yoguarts & fruit juice. Offers of more toast, tea or coffee were always there as were the top ups for the room. We had a change in the numbers arriving/staying between the 2 days which was handled so smoothly. They all were so very friendly & although we arrived later than planned they welcomed us at the door & from there on, nothing seemed too much trouble.
Directions were offered with a map to help. Nice clean room with soft towels for all + toiletries.
2 wall mounted T.V s, clock alarm & a table lamp were nice touches as were the wall pictures in both ours & the dining room. Nothing but praise & totally recommend - the personal touches make all the difference, especially compared with the big chains! More than happy with the price ranges of the rooms & all in, gives excellent value for money. Actually looking forward to be able to stay there again! Many thanks from the 5 of us.

Room Tip: Don't need a tip if our room is anything to go by.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Exceptionel service. A short walk from the train station and from Home Park. The very nice lady who welcomed us and made breakfast the next morning was absolutely a treasure. She was very welcoming and helpful. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was delicious. Will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Plymouth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vesth-Hansen
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have nothing but praise for this guest house. It's within walking distance of the city centre.

We were made very welcome by our hosts and the room was clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The en-suite was really clean and we had a good supply of towels every day

For breakfast we chose full English, but there was an excellent choice of cereals and yogurts, tea, coffee or whatever we required.

Hope to return soon - it's really friendly.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back. It was quiet and had a view over Plymouth.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jomobos
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Myself and my friends stayed here after our graduation. The lovely couple that run the alma lodge are incredibly friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean, homely and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was delishious (with a huge amount to choose from). Thank you very much. I would recommend this to anyone as it is in walking distance to the train station, city and the university.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and we were not dissapointed. The owner met us at the front door, she was very welcoming and friendly, We were shown to our room at the back of the property (through the conservatory) which we were also welcomed to use. Had a bit of a shock to find their pet tortoise (I think his name was Terrance) in the conservatory, he was amazing and let me pat his head! We found our room very clean and comfortable, lovely en-suite with fresh towels, it all looked brand new. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, full English, also cereals, yogurts, toast, fruit juice to choose from, nice big mug of tea/coffee. I will Definately be staying here again, great value for money, the owner and her daughter were absolutely lovely, and so was Terrance :-) Thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2013