“Best fish and chips in Plymouth!!!!”

The Harbour Seafood Restaurant and Takeaway
Ranked #11 of 798 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$13 - US$93
Description: At the Harbour we cater for all customers. Whether you are with the children or in a large group. We specialise in fresh seafood landed meters away from the restaurant. We also have prime fillet and ribeye steaks to go with your seafood. Lobster and crab is on the menu everyday if you fancy a treat. We also offer lunchtime specials than run everyday of the year where you can enjoy line caught cod, chips (bottomless) homemade mushy peas, and homemade tartar sauce all for £9. We also have a takeaway which means you can enjoy our delicious menu at home or in the sunshine. Dogs are welcome in the restaurant until 7 pm. Sea you soon!
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Went for a meal here on a Saturday night with my sister-in-law, booked a table and were greeted well and swiftly seated. Our waiter was a lovely young man who ran thoroughly through the specials then left us to decide. Our wine and fish and chips were delivered promptly, was well presented and tasted blooming lovely...the best we have ever had whilst in Plymouth or anywhere else for that matter. Great restaurant, friendly staff and reasonable prices...we will be back.

managerharbour, Public Relations Manager at The Harbour Seafood Restaurant and Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hello guys,

The kitchen team are blown away by your heading, thank you ever so much. The whole team all work hard to deliver the best possible food and service, thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

4 in our party and 3 of us had fish and chips. I had the Cornish Hake and it was probably the best fish and chips I've ever eaten. We all enjoyed our meals but the unisex toilets were not clean and the ladies couldn't use them preferring to wait until we got back to our hotel. Service was excellent especially from Steve.

managerharbour, Public Relations Manager at The Harbour Seafood Restaurant and Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello guys,
I am pleased to hear your food was great and your waiters service was second to none. The toilets are checked by a staff member every 30 minutes and I'm sorry that they were not up to standard. This matter has been addressed with the whole team and extra measures have been put in place to maintain our 5 star cleanliness certificate.
I hope to see you soon back in the Harbour for another great experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Great atmosphere, spotlessly clean, cheerful and helpful staff, fantastic fresh fish, interesting views across the harbour, good company!
What more could anyone want?

Hi Gordon,
Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you had a lovely evening with us, please do pop in again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We had an absolutely fantastic meal in this restaurant . Service was wonderful, Hannah was very helpful and attentive without being in your face. We will definitely return. The best and freshest fish I've had in a long time (and we live by the sea).

Hi Liz,
Cant thank you enough for the great review, do return soon to try our new menu which will be launched in the next few weeks.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and I decided to have some fish and chips and this looked a nice place to try. We ordered a lunchtime special each, The Harbour finest. A large piece of fish, unlimited chips, a glass of wine or a half pint of Heineken plus a pot of tea. Well I can only describe the fish as amazing and the chips were excellent too. However, it would have been nice for our server to offer us more chips before taking our plates away (after all they are meant to be unlimited, or is there a fair eating policy )? Also the Heineken was flat and where was the pot of tea ? When taking our plates away the server asked if we wanted anything else or just get the bill, my wife said my husband would like the tea and we just got a blank look. I would advise the management at The Harbour to make clear to their staff what the words unlimited and plus mean, ie unlimited chips, plus a pot of tea. Nice food but the service let it down dreadfully. I would recommend this place but please make it clear to your server that they know what you are ordering and what you should get.

1  Thank fred c

Dear Fred,
We are so sorry to hear of your experience at The Harbour. Experiences like this are not common place and I'm quite frankly shocked, thank you for highlighting this issue. Your server that day had just recently joined our team and may not be up to scratch and still in training, a memo has been sent to all members of staff reminding them of the menu deals/add ons.
I assure you this problem will not arise again, thank you once again.
Kind Regards