“Lovely food and service”

Kingfisher Fish & Chips
Ranked #215 of 743 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: British
Description: If we had made you happy please leave us a review. If you are unhappy, we are sorry, please give us the opportunity to make amends before leaving negative feedback. Please contact us
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We love this take away restaurant. Their fish also tasted lovely and the scampi (about 12) was value for money. Even the children fish and chip was fresh fish (not flat cupboard size).
All staff were polite and professional.

It was our local and favour fish and chip.

2  Thank WarmlyAndCo
Craig M, Owner at Kingfisher Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi WalmsAndCo,
Firstly i would like to thank you for your kind comments on trip advisor.
Kingfisher highly value our customers and we try to make sure you love the food and the service.

Once again thank you very much, we look forward to seeing you again

Best fishes

There are newer reviews for Kingfisher Fish & Chips

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Again another superb meal from Kingfisher and well worth the drive from Peterborough!
Such a shame the locals have such different views. I personally have always had first class service and first class food.
Some folks need to learn to communicate- ask the staff exactly how you want your fish cooked and they will oblige, it's simple!
I must also recommend the homemade tartare sauce. Craig you must start to sell this by the jar.

1  Thank Andrew F

Hi Andrew F,

Firstly i would like to thank you for leaving us a nice comment on tripadvisor.
I am so pleased we are worth the journey. I am glade you hit on the point about communication, as we do try very very hard serve delicious food and provide great service. We do also have many customers who know the way they want their food cooked and we are more than willing to accommodate individual preferences to the people who ask. We have introduced a Fish Cooked Your Way, where you can have your fish with or without skin as you do, poached in lemon juice, grilled, breaded or even gluten free on a Monday.
With regard to our NEW Homemade Tartare sauce we love it, so we are really pleased you do too.
Looking forward to seeing you very soon
Best Fishes

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff, busy Friday night and still everyone getting their orders in good time. I like how well presented it all is in there. Delicious chips and I like the haddock with the skin on so that suited me . Did the job and now our new preferred chippy in Plymouth!

1  Thank jeaniebombeanie

Hi Jeaniebombeanie,

Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review on tripadvisor. We do try very hard to provide each and every one of our customers with delicious food and great experience.
Once again many thanks
Best fishes

Reviewed 28 February 2014

heard the advert the on the radio, about this award wining fish and chips, felt very hungrey, printed out a voucher for buy one and get one half price, went and got the fish chips and mushy peas, got home to see that the batter was abit heavy and over cooked, skin was still on the fish, but to me didn't seem fresh, I was expecting a nice bit of award wining, light golden battered piece cod, but looked like something from a well known frozen food shop, and the chips average nothing special, like I was led to beleaved by the advert that I heard. Won't go back there

1  Thank jamesa74

HI Jamesa74,
Im sorry to hear you did'nt enjoy you meal. in reply to your comments, All our fish is of the highest quality from sustainable sources. Our sustainable fish has been given the highest accolade from fish2fork,and is certified by MSC the Marine Stewardship Council. We were also shortlisted in the good catch award as part of the Natiional Fish & Chips Awards for our Sustainable Fish. Quality is never an issue.
We do advertise on our menu that "for more flavour we leave the skin on" however if you would like the skin removed you only have to ask
If you would like to bring in your receipt I would be more than happy to go through it with you. It is our policy to always look after any of our customers who are dissatisfied Trip advisor are unable to do this, and therefore cannot rectify any problems.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We decided to pop in for some chips to go with the steak we had at home.

I was waiting a very long time for them and then when we got them home the chips were so undercooked, we couldn't eat them. Not very nice at all.

That's definitely the last time that we'll be going here.

1  Thank David M
Craig M, Owner at Kingfisher Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi David M,
I am sorry you were dissatisfied with your meal. We do try very hard to provide top quality food however it is unfortunate we appear on this occasion to have failed you. We do want every customer to have a great experience at Kingfisher, I would have appreciated it if you could have contacted myself first, so i could have looked after you, before leaving feedback on tripadvisor. Please contact me David M.