“tasty!!”

Imperial Garden
Ranked #135 of 759 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Imperial Garden provides you a traditional Cantones & Szechuan cuisine in our simple and comfortable environment, by using fresh local ingredients and homemade sauces coupled with the skills of our authentic chefs.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

just had a take away from here as it had been recommended to us.
The food was very tasty and the portion size was big, will be a regular customer from now on.

2  Thank vincesquire

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great food, good service. Eat in and take away. Very friendly staff, always willing to help and always have a smile. My favourite all time!

2  Thank Pete1923465
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We come here four or five times a year. It is consistently good. It can be very busy and sometimes we have to wait. There is no good pub very close by. Sometimes we have been allowed to sit at a table in the process of being wiped down and cleared. I read the recent review from the heavy drinkers about alleged delays and mess. I have never encountered delay once an order has been taken and meals for our groups have always been served within two or three minutes of each other. The long winded rant of the lady who spent £60 on 'booze' but chose not to eat does not hang together or match any experience we have ever had here. The food and service are good. The meals are tasty and the prices competitive. Single review complainers ought sometimes to sit and reflect on what actually happened and compare their own emotional reaction to the likely reality. This is a bustling successful and useful restaurant. Maybe she and her friends should have waited at the entrance for the table to be cleaned before the rushed to get in the drinks?

4  Thank ChasC_12
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular customer of Imperial Garden's for many years and have never dealt with a single problem. In fact, I especially made an account to write a review about Imperial Garden and I saw the review beforehand about the 'terrible' service they received. I realised that the reviewer visited the restaurant the same day as me and I did recall seeing a big group in the restaurant, who seemed quite drunk which may have been the reviewers group. I must say it seems impossible for them to wait for such a long time for their food if I only waited 15 minutes for mine and I arrived later than them. I do agree the restaurant was busy but what do you expect from a popular Chinese restaurant on a weekend? Also, the waitresses must have been cleaning the tables because customers that arrived pre-hand and they were making seats available for other customers after they had left. The tables were clean to me, so I don't understand what the reviewer before was complaining about. My food has always arrived fresh and tasteful, and quite quick compared to other Chinese restaurant on a weekend. I would recommend the Chinese chef specials and the waitresses are alway there to help as very lively. Furthermore, don't listen to them about the manager. The manager is one if the nicest woman I know, she is cheerful and always there to give a hand. The atmosphere is always lively and filled with many Chinese people, which is a good sign for restaurants. Do trust me on the fact that this is the best Chinese I know in plymouth and I have will be a regular customer of theirs. Ignore the previous review and DO visit because you will experience the most delicious Chinese dishes you ever will- it will make you feel like you are actually in China.

5  Thank Jon1920
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Booked a table for 8pm...the table wasn't ready and was hurredly cleaned forgetting the mess on the floors. Sitting down and standing on the previous customers dinner was pretty gross.
We ordered our food at 8.10....we asked of all food could be sent together. Unfortunately this was not possible. We received our first dish at 9.17!!!!! The final dish arrived at 9.39pm an hour and a half after ordering!!!! In fact I cancelled my order as I couldn't face the idea of giving these people my money.
We received NO apology. When I approached the waitress to ask if we could perhaps have a couple of our (4 bottles) bottles of wine for free. I was met with a vehement refusal and was told that you should expect to wait over an hour in any restaurant. I requested the address to make a complaint and was refused. The 'manager' was rude, ignorant and incredibly petulant.
We spent over £60 on alcohol but they wouldn't even discount £1!!
On returning to our table we noticed a swamp of water or something under our table..presumably from the people before us that they didn't clean up after.
Our final bill came to £121 for 6 of us despite only getting part of our order and waiting for 90 minutes.
I am writing this on behalf of 6 people so it should be taken as 6 reviews.
Appalling service, ridiculously small portions for an extreme amount of money.
DO NOT EAT HERE OR ORDER FROM HERE (the takeaway wait was also at least 60 minutes).

1  Thank Becky H