“Stayed here December 2013 (last Month). What a Gem of a find.”
Review of Gallery Guesthouse

Gallery Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
dundee
“Stayed here December 2013 (last Month). What a Gem of a find.”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here December 2013 (last Month). What a Gem of a find.
A first class,clean and very well run establishment.
It is run by a very warm,friendly and efficient couple who could not do enough for us.
I would return at the drop of a hat,loved it.

Room Tip: A very short walk from Mutley Plain. Good shops,eating places, and the Fortescue one of the best pu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Weymouth
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed here now 3 nights a week for a few weeks, while I conclude my studies at plymouth university. I don't normally write reviews on here as, frankly I am lazy and can't be bothered, so the fact that I am writing at all is the first compliment!
The rooms (and I have stayed in all of them pretty much now) are fantastic, beautifully designed and incredibly clean and comfortable. TV and internet is great too.
I have seen people comment about road noise, which of course is to be expected but it really isn't noticeable unless you have only ever lived in isolated locations!
The breakfast is incredibly good, I have enjoyed it every time and the hosts Karen and Chris are incredibly friendly and polite.
I really cannot sing the praises of this guest house high enough. The prices are very reasonable for the high level of quality and service you receive, much better than many so called "expensive" hotels I have previously stayed in.
Great location, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MattheoM4n
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My girlfriend & I visited for one night and wish we had booked for a lot longer. The room was extremely clean, very comfortable and well decorated. Everything you needed was there and the breakfast in the morning certainly sorted us out when nursing hangovers.

A real pleasure and will be returning every time we return in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Falkirk
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked two rooms and stayed for two nights for my son's Passing Out at HMS Raleigh. The Gallery is in a fairly good, if slightly noisy location with some parking at the rear of the premises. The outstanding aspect of this guesthouse is the owners; Karen and Chris - professional, friendly and welcoming - overall excellent customer service skills. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and help with things such as directions, recommended eateries etc. The Gallery is nicely decorated, displaying local artwork and modern neutral colours. The overall establishment is spotless. The rooms are a reasonable size, nicley decorated, comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast is cooked to order and delicious! My only gripe is the noise levels at night from the students - not the owners fault! We were there during freshers week so it was rather lively across the town. However, it is ideally located for accessing the university, train station and city centre. We felt really welcome and comfortable and would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had rooms 7 and 8, both absolutely fine although as they are at the front you need to keep your w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My partner and I spent two night in Plymouth and I choose this guest house. Karen was really friendly even before i arrived , just talking by phone. The place is 5 minutes from the train station, and twenty seconds from the Uni, where I had to be. Room really clean, small bathroom but great bed and lots of coffee and cookies. Other than the great service, I need to point at the fact that breakfast was amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry S
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was with my 2 daughters 4 days in Plymouth for searching student acommodation and we had a single en-suite and a twin en-suite room in this excellent B&B with the wonderfull hosts Karen and Chris.

There was a very warm welcome after a long and exhausting trip from Switzerland, which we enjoied a lot.

The imaginative variety of different breakfasts is nearly too much, but also special wishes were no problem. We had a good start every day. :)

The single room is in front of the road and with open window (summer) there is also during the nigth some traffic noise, which i had no problems with. The twin room looks to the back side of the house and is very quiet.

Karen and Chris were very helpfull to us and gave us a lot of useful hints and tipps for our stay in Plymouth.

Plymouth is a nice city and the Gallery Guesthouse a very good place to stay there.
I'm happy to see Karen and Chris again in September. ;)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a conference at the University. The guest house was excellent. Karen and Chris are the perfect hosts. Breakfast was delicious and they offered lots of choice. Karen was very helpful, giving us a map of Plymouth and instructions on how to get to various venues. Room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business