“Lovely Room, Lovely Owners. a wonderful weekend stay.”
Review of Gallery Guesthouse

Gallery Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 80 Plymouth B&B and Inns
“Lovely Room, Lovely Owners. a wonderful weekend stay.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wonderful welcome from our hosts, started even before we arrived wishing us a safe journey down. A Good hearty breakfast awaited us both each morning. Very friendly hosts could not do enough for us, and even allowed us to use their allocated parking after we had checked out. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

great guesthouse
very clean with great food,very helpful people , i am back in Plymouth in two weeks and will be staying again. short walk to town center, i had a double on-suite room with the best bed i have had in a guest house ,tea/ coffee in room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently stayed here for the weekend on a visit to Plymouth.

I arrived at about 7pm and was warmly welcomed with a detailed review of the area, with taxi number, mobile number and Wifi codes provided. I also was kindly leant an ice bucket and ice for the fizzy I had brought, at no trouble at all.

The room was well furnished, clean and a good size, with a nice ensuite in the corner, more than adequate. Having been given keys to the front door, this allowed full flexibility for the weekend.

The location was great, being about 10 mins walk from the train station and less than 15 minutes to the Barbican area and all the bars and restaurants.

The bed and bedding was so comfortable and we got a great nights sleep, due to it being quiet.

We did not have the breakfast, but I can say it smealt amazing from the room!

I would definately recommend this to anyone wishing to visit the Plymouth area. Amazing value for money and one of the best I have experienced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this fantastic B&B for 2 nights in a single ensuite room in May. From the start I was impressed, such a warm welcome and the couple who run it were very helpful & flexable with check-in times to help suit my needs. Also you get your own set of keys, so can come and go as you please!
Room was a good size, spacious and decorated with a clean modern finish. Lots of drink goodies given, not just cheap tea & coffee like some. Flat screen TV also in room! Large en-suite including a large shower, all very clean & lots of toiletries available to use.
Breakfast was brilliant, freshly cooked to your specific request & needs!
To finish it all off, the B&B is in prime location, a stone throw away from the centre of town, but as soon as you get inside - no noice! Didn't hear any traffic/people outside when in!

Overall I honestly don't know how this B&B could be any better! Wonderfully friendly owners, clean & spacious rooms, modern finish & fittings - all at a very resionable price!
I would recommend Gallery Guesthouse Plymouth to anyone! Thank you so much for making my visit fantastic! I will definitely be coming back soon :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank melting-sky
Kingswinford. W Mids UK
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here at the weekend. Karen & Chris were wonderful hosts. We were given information about the area and even though there were no spots in car park to park our car we were given parking permits for the duration.
Breakfast was wonderful, Chris is a great cook!! Hotel is modern, spotlessly clean and decorated to a high standard.
We stayed two nights and wish we could have stayed longer.
We will definitely be back and will stay at The Gallery Guesthouse.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here in room 07, which was well maintained with good natural lighting. Our stay was pretty perfect and we were made to feel welcome by the owner Karen and given good information about the area. Breakfast was delicious and there was a good selection to choose from. It was a shame that we couldn't have stayed longer and will definitely be one of our first choices should we return to Plymouth.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently stayed at the Gallery guesthouse for two nights. Upon arrival I was greeted by a happy and helping Karen, who promptly got me checked in, got my parking sorted and showed me to my room.

After a sound sleep, the next morning I had a lovely childhood favourite for breakfast of egg and soldiers promptly and greatly cooked by Chris.

Another comfy night later I was checking out, but the entire stay was fantastic. Karen and Chris are lovely owners and very helpful! Other notes I'd add are the artwork displayed and general feel of the hotel was in two words, homely and interesting :).

All of this was for such a great price, I'd highly reccomend this to anyone staying in Plymouth, especially considering as well that it's 2 minutes away from the centre!

Thanks for a great stay Karen and Chris, hope to be by again soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business