“Just as great on second visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barbican Reach

Barbican Reach
Ranked #6 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Fareham, Hants
“Just as great on second visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our second visit to this B&B with our elderly parents, prebooked as we left last year. Rob & Sue gave us a smashing welcome & rooms were clean & roomy & tastefully decorated. Lots of lovely touches to make the stay pleasant (e.g Radox Shower gel in the shower) also Sue brought us up a jug of milk for tea/coffee as it was better tasting than the little satchets of milk. On the second day she left a small flask of milk. As before the breakfast was fantastic. Choice of cereal with milk, yogurt, orange juice, followed by a lovely hot good quality breakfast. (one of your cheap economy rubbish) served on hot plates, also oast & all the trimmings and of course tea/coffee. Great location - just a couple of minutes walk to the Barbican. All in all Brilliant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank blueskilamb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights as my son was passing out in the navy at hms Raleigh . The perfect B&B ,Rob greeted us on arrival in a pleasant and jovial manner ,we thought we would have to miss breakfast as we had an early start but Rob went out of his way to arrange an early cooked to order stunning full English breakfast .The room was immaculate and roomy with lovely en-suite ,great view and comfy bed.
Have stayed in many places on several visits to plymouth this being the best by a mile , thanks to Rob&Sue for a perfect stay .
Stewart &Jen

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Beentherejs
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent as always..This time I Stayed Monday To Friday for three weeks and Monday to Saturday 1 week.Highly Recommend it . Food is delicious ..Flexible to your needs ..Great place for contractors as plenty of restaurants , pubs and convenience stores. Walking distance to the train or a small cab fee from the train to the B an B .

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank celiamckennapink
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights for a friends wedding and the owners were extremely accommodating. This B&B is exceptionally clean and has a breakfast menu to please all. If you want to be close to the barbican, you couldn't ask for a better location. Would use again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank AbiClayton87
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just stayed at the barbican over the bank holiday. They've got a winning formula here. Simple and straight forward. The rooms are clean, fresh, nicely furnished and comfy beds! The owners are friendly too. All you can ask for :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Asherjb
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was looking for a quiet, friendly, clean and reasonably priced Guest House as I'm going to be in Plymouth a lot over the next year and I don't want to stay in big corporate hotels anymore.

The Barbican Reach gave me everything I was looking for. Rob & Sue provide a genuinely warm West Country welcome, which was so much appreciated after a long day at work. The rooms are clean and comfortable and little extra touches like the lighthouse light switch and mugs add to the homely atmosphere.

An example of how Rob & Sue go above and beyond was provided on my second night - I'd left 2/3 of a bottle of red wine in my room, and they'd provided a wine glass without being asked (Though it may be that they wish they hadn't as I had a slight falling asleep with a glass in my hand red wine spillage!!)

The location is absolutely superb - less than a minute's walk from the heart of the historic Barbican with its many bars (both modern and traditional pubs) and restaurants (including thai, chinese, japanese, indian, italian and man, many more) and only a few minutes to the town centre.

Parking is free from 6pm and 10am and there is ample available. The breakfast was fantastic quality and the signature dish: hammy, cheesy, eggy looked amazing and will definitely be tried when I next visit.

Rob has assured me that despite my red wine spillage, I am welcome to return, and I have no doubt that I will do many times. Ticked all my boxes, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have stayed in this B & B many times now as our daughter lives in Plymouth. Ideal location, as it is within easy walking distance of the town centre, Plymouth Hoe, and the Barbican area. That said it is situated in a very peaceful street. Rooms are spotless, beds comfy ,breakfasts are fabulous. Rob and Sue are always very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. On our last visit we were unable to have our preferred room which has a chair overlooking park area.We mentioned this to Rob in passing on our way out for the afternoon, as if by magic on our return not one but two chairs had been added our room ! Already booked the next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family