“Great food, cute interior, nice service ”

Kapadokya Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 824 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome and Merhaba to Kapadokya Restaurant Our aim is to offer you, our valued customers, a taste of some of the best cuisine Turkey and the Mediterranean has to offer. Turkish cuisine, originating from the blending of the Asian, European, Middle Eastern and African cultures and evolved under the influence of the Seljuk and Ottoman Cuisines over the centuries, offers thousands of delicious dishes and delicacies. With a wealth of traditional recipes on our menu we combine a variety of meats, fish and vegetarian dishes that promise to satisfy and surprise. All of our dishes are completely homemade by our Turkish chefs using, where possible, only the finest locally sourced ingredients. We hope to provide our diners with a true taste of the best Mediterranean food in Plymouth, in a warm, relaxed and friendly atmosphere all encased in an atmospheric restored 16th century building.
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We have visited Kapadokya numerous times and it is always great! The food is delicious, the interior is really cute and the staff are always pleasant and friendly. The Meze menu is variable and has a great selection to choose from! We've tried nearly everything now and it's all really tasty.
Cosy and comfortable, perfect for a chilled nice evening with good food with family or friends!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Been here a lot and every time I am so impressed with the food and staff. Seriously recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The Lady who looked after us during our visit was great, the house rose was lovely and the prices are reasonable, that's the positives out the way. This morning our clothes really smell of "Turkish food" as there just isn't enough extraction in there. The starters were Ok but the mains were just all wrong, my wife had mince on aubergine and it was exactly that, no fancy flavours or preparation, I had chicken in sweet and sour sauce. The ingredients were very poor quality and TBH the food was not best prepared, my chicken reminded me of a sweet and sour chicken I would expect if I bought it pre prepared from Iceland during a sale and the mince was pretty much just cheap mince that had been done in the oven, there was some pilau rice which was ok and the salads were ok. All in all I'm glad I visited but I was distinctly underwhelmed with the food and won't re-visit, it seems almost every aspect of tasty food has been compromised for large portion sizes.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This is a good place to eat with nicely served food and efficient service. The staff are a delight and help you with the menu if required. The only downside to the experience is that there does not appear to be an effective air extractor/circulator making the atmosphere smell stale. You really notice it on your clothing when you come out and of course when you get home and hang your coats up. I hope that the owners are not offended by this comment because everything else is just right.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank jertax
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I ate with a friend here last night and the whole experience was lovely. The staff are really friendly and welcoming (especially the girl with dark hair - sorry but we didn't know your name). The restaurant itself has a really cosy and authentic feel which makes dining with friends and family more intimate. The menu is extensive with plenty to choose from. We both chose the mixed kebab with salad, rice and choice of dip. It was delicious and the portion sizes are large! To finish we had the traditional Turkish desert baclava which was gorgeous and Turkish delight ice cream. I'm looking forward to coming again!

Date of visit: January 2018