“Booking”

Terrace Cafe
Ranked #173 of 727 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Been a daytime snack bar built into old cliff face. Now advertising widely as offering full meals with new chef and open till late evening. A novelty facility in this area. Mixed reports of the food and the weather proofing. Needs comments.
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Booking”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have not eaten or visited yet, I have been sending emails and using the website internet link for weeks now but have not had any response at all.
Having almost given up hope I telephoned on Saturday, the person that I spoke with could not take a booking and she told me that they do not monitor the website or email account.
I would be coming from miles away so would not be prepared to take a chance and just turn up, it looks as if they will not be getting my families business any time soon.

2 Thank Grumpyje

Southampton, United Kingdom
“The best Coffee and a view to die for what more could you ask? good food they have that too..I will be back”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If you imagine a view like The Terrace Cafe has means inflated prices you would be wrong! Good food, fantastic cappuccinos and a view to boot..I just wish I lived closer I would make this a regular treat. Before you complain about the prices of some Items on the drinks menu just remember where you are the logistics of getting the drinks to the cafe don't come cheep. Defiantly a place to visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank funkynan5
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just a normal cafe.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were visiting the Hoe, and were travelling along the cliff top path / road when my wife spotted the café. There is an inside eating area and you can also eat under cover outside or even out in the fresh air if you so wish. The one thing to be clear about is that this is not really a restaurant, and is the type of place that you can stop and grab a beer / cup of coffee, and a snack although there are some more substantial meals. We called in there on a Sunday and it was absolutely packed both inside and out, the food was served up quickly and was Ok for our needs also the two bottled beers were ice cold. There is also a great view out over the sea where the small boats and channel ferries come and go. I don't know if the fact it was a Sunday had a bearing that out of every four customers one had a dog in tow! They were everywhere outside, whilst their owners had a quick snack and a drink!

2 Thank geronimo1049
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent cuisine, including cappucinos”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Brilliant views, protected in adverse weather or open to sunshine on good days. Good friendly service.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dave P
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“TWO YEARS ON”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I have visited this restaurant on several occasions for lunch and reviewed it just two years ago. I have just trawled all the reviews posted and must say that I cannot understand such a wide range of comments, from ecstatic to disgusted.
On our most recent visit we found the cafe (not a five star restaurant but a cafe serving informal snack meals) to be very busy, so obviously had to wait a little whilst the staff tried to serve as fast as the kitchen could cook. The meal was good, the drinks excellent, the service friendly and the cost reasonable. Indeed one of our party commented on the efficiency of the manageress wiping down tables and chairs with paper towels following a shower of rain. At least the view was the same - spectacular and, generally agreed as such on the other reviews.
I do not expect fine cuisine at a cafe such as this, but then, I do not wish to see acres of exposed flesh either.
If this review is read by "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" then do try to be a little more objective. To those who have yet to visit The Terrace, do so and enjoy. It is crowded at times for a very good reason and many of those in the crowd will be, like us, regular visitors.

1 Thank properjob929