“Top Notch Hotel Venue”
Review of Camelot Hotel

Camelot Hotel
Ranked #56 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed over four nights at the Camelot, The Hoe, Plymouth this October 2010, a family friendly commercial hotel with easy access to Plymouth city centre and The Hoe. All rooms are very comfortable, en-suite with colour television / dvd resources and access to free wi-fi.

Proprietors are Helen and Norman who ensure a very personal touch in the smooth and relaxed running of the hotel. The staff, especially at mealtimes, are friendly and efficient and responsive to customer needs-customer service is excellent. Parking nearby on visitors tickets is cheap and easy. The location is excellent for travelling to Devon and Cornwall and their very exciting attractions. The quality of the breakfast and dining area is relaxed and enjoyable.

Overall, a very happy stay in Plymouth for business and pleasure and a very happy stay at the Camelot Hotel , where I spent a short holiday again last year and am most looking forward to arranging my next trip to Devon and Cornwall-with Camelot as the main base.

1  Thank WildTraveller007

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I spent 4 nights @ The Camelot - Friday to Monday - and had a most enjoyable and restful time. I received a warm welcome even though I was more than an hour late having got lost. The proprietor waited up and even gave me directions to the hotel. On arrival she up-graded my room from single to double at no extra as she felt I would be more comfortable. Evening meal was not part of the deal but as it was late and I was tired she offered tea and sandwiches. My room was beautiful and very comfortable, the lounge is comfortable, and although I did not make use of it there is a games room available to the guests. The hotel is centrally located with just a short walk into town, a wide variety of eating venues and The Hoe.

This is my second time staying at The Camelot, I was impressed the first time and even more so this time. I will definitely be going there again. Jean

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We stayed at the Camelot last year and were very pleased to return again this October for a 2-night visit combining both business and pleasure. Again the welcome and hospitality of Helen and Norman were unsurpassable. Nothing was too much trouble and their tips for places to visit were first rate.

Our room was cosy and adequately spacious. The heating was very efficient - the en-suite bathroom of decent standard. Our breakfasts, in the pleasant dining room, were excellent and served by most friendly waitresses. We felt very well set-up each morning.

As for the location, it couldn't have been bettered - just 70 yards from the glorious vistas of Plymouth Hoe and easy walking distance to the old port (The Barbican) with its restaurants and bars - including the best fish and chips we've ever eaten (as good this year as last).

Finally the value! I don't know how they do it! We'll definitely stay at the Camelot again whenever we visit the West Country.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

The welcoming and friendly service from all staff made me feel like I was at home. It is a very clean hotel with the room that I slept in warm with all the facilities(digital TV tea/coffee) that truly made me at home. My room was cleaned immaculately on a daily basis, while the choice of breakfast was second to none.The staff were very helpful as I was new to the town.
Keep up the excellent work !!

Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed here from the 16th - 19th October 2010. We are a London based company and booked the hotel for the second year in a row. We were welcomed and made a fuss of by all Camelot staff during our stay. The proprietors booked us in and upgraded some of our rooms for extra comfort. (no extra charge) We were offerred tea and coffee on arrival. The rooms were cleaned daily and were very comfortable. Breakfast was nothing but EXCELLENT - where did you get those sausages?? Nothing was too much to ask the staff, whether it was for some more milk for tea in the room or a knife to cut up some cake. The owners advised us where to go out, booked us cabs and restaraunts and even drew us maps and directions. What more can I say but THANK YOU soooooooo much and see you next year.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and most helpful. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The breakfast was lovely and cooked just as I liked it. There was also a good selection of juices, cereals and fruit.
I would stay here again and would recommend this to friends as a place to stay in Plymouth.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

I had the good fortune of staying in this hotel fotr 7 weeks. Yes 7 weeks and Im so glad it was this one I stayed in. To have to stay in a hotel for an extended period can be hell if its the wrong one but this one was everything I wanted and more. The staf were polite friendly and courteous, the room cleaned every day and the bedding changed very regularly.(so many hotels if you stay for an extended time tend to slip up on that but the Camelot no way, Helen the proprietor prides herself on her high standards and over the 7 weeks never let herself down once. I dont think ive slept in such a comfortable bed in a hotel for years and I havea dodgy back so a mattres is very important to me.
The breakfasts were very good no greasy spoon here. A good traditional English breakfast if I wanted(believe me I did want it was so good), with not a spot of grease on my plate(how did they do that?). A full range of cereals fresh fruit, yoghurts and different teas.Pefect poached eggs or Porridge, If I wanted something different like kippers I only had to ask the day before.Hel;en wouldnt do frozen only the best for her guests. Although there are no local newsagents they went to the bother of going out and getting me one.Breakfast was from 07:00 to 9am weekdays and a lie in on Saturdays as it was from 08:00 to 10. And bliss if I was running late theyd make me a breakfast to go.

Im really not surprised they get so much repeat custom and to be honest their standards overall are so high , that Im surprised they dont charge more. I had a beautiful walk every morning on the Hoe and watched the water and boats glistening and only 500 yards away. If I wanted to go shopping I just walked into town 5-10 minutews away. With their local knowledge they advised me of all the good restaurants ranging from budget to more expensive.The Theatre Royal is only 5 minutes away and The Pavilions both with some excellent shows and plays, and 5 minutes away from Brittany ferries and a weekend trip or holiday to Spain or Brittany.

This is a hotel I recommend to all my friends and I think its one to book whilst the rates are stil so incredibly reasonable. 4*comfort and service for 2* price. Unbelievable!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business