“Excellent for the price paid”
Review of Ibis Plymouth

Ibis Plymouth
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wiltshire
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Mine was a single person weekend stay using this for accommodation whilst visiting relatives around Plymouth.

My satnav messed me about before I found the hotel but my eventual arrival and check were both welcoming and efficient. I did not feel terribly comfortable as I approached my room. The buildings appeared to be 1980's-ish and kind of "concrete block" like.

My room, however, was warm, very clean and tidy and contained everything one could possibly need for an enjoyable stay. The bed, whilst very large and to Ibis' latest standard, was actually too firm for me so getting off to sleep was harder than, say, a Premier Inn where I have never had a problem before. I was surprised by the total absence of noise from other rooms/guests and I realised that my misgivings about the concrete appearance of the hotel were perhaps misplaced.

This was a well insulated hotel except, and I'm sorry for this, the hotel could not insulate guests on one side of the building from traffic noise. The noise stems from the Plymouth Parkway - there was a continuous background roar of traffic that could not be shut out (particularly for my afternoon siestas!).

Really nice shower in the room and of course drinks making kit if required. Particularly impressed by the price-included-Wi-Fi that seems to be a bit of a rarity in other Plymouth hotels.

The night bar staff need a particular mention for service over and above the call of duty - thanks - guys.

Meanwhile, breakfasts were absolutely as one would expect in terms of properly prepared food and wide variety of choice.

So, here I go again, would I stay here again in the future?

Oh yes, excellent value for money and I will bring my ear-plugs for my little interim naps.

Thank you Ibis Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the Plymouth Parkway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Grande_Tourer
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us despite a less than favourable first impression. I will pass your comments to the team and hope to welcome you again in the future.
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here on a very wet and windy Sunday night in February 2014. The weather was getting worse and worse the closer I got to Plymouth so I was very pleased to arrive, be greeted by friendly staff in reception and get into my room which was lovely and warm. The room was very comfortable and clean, and I suspect refurbished recently. I slept very well in the new Ibis bed. The hotel is in drive up American Motel style, which is quite unusual. Whilst watching TV in the evening I was slightly concerned by the amount of noise coming from outside, but once I closed the secondary door there was no noise issue. Adequate tea/coffee supplies.

I ate elsewhere in the evening as I felt the menu offered little choice for vegetarians and I slept in so I missed breakfast. The dining area seemed nice though and all staff were pleasant.

I would stay again. Although slightly out of town, probably a very convenient location for before/after the ferry from Plymouth, or a stopover from the A38. There was a frequent bus service into town operated by Plymouth Citybus.

Room Tip: If you really struggle with road noise get a room facing away from the A38 but I could hardly hear t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rtl2
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you again in the future.
Bristol UK
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was very good for a one or 2 night stay, you can hear traffic and neighbours very loud but all was quiet when it was time to sleep
Very clean, very helpful, very friendly
Would defiantly stay hear again for one or two nights

Room Tip: Try to stay at the back not on the car park side
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you again in the future.